Thread: 12v air comp 150lpm flea-bay any good?

12v air comp 150lpm flea-bay any good?

Need a new 12v compressor to inflate tyres on boat trailer, car etc. Not for 4WD use, but needs decent performance for inflating 185/14 LT tyres on boat trailer to 50-55psi. Am not a heavy-duty user of these things, just average around the shed situation.

Have had the smaller single cyl ones in the past, in fact had a quite good one for about 15 years but eventually carked it a few years ago. Since then have gone thru 2 small ones ex Superbudgie in fairly quick time. So looking for something a bit more substantial that will last me a few years.

Saw these and several very similar ones on flea-bay for around $80-90 including delivery. Have seen similar ones in Repco etc for double that price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-OUTBA...99ce638&_uhb=1

Anyone familiar with these, and is any particular one recommended over the others?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: 12v air comp 150lpm flea-bay any good?

Hi moonlighter, I bought one of them a few years back and it seems to be pretty good. I have only used it a couple of times but it worked fine. They do get really hot when your using them for a while but I think if you give them a break between tyres they would last a fair while.

Ive had same one for a few years. I used to go 4WDing every weekend so it copped a workout. Does get hot after 4 tyres but just need to use your shirt to unplug the air hose to dont hurt your fingers. Mine melted the fuse once when was doing my mates 4B after mine, and we on the 6th tyre non vitually non stop. Ditched the fuse holder and got a new fuse and still works fine. For your needs you wont have any problems.

I've got one like that (exactly the same I think but not 100% sure). Cheap and works ok but is it fast?? No, not that fast. Loud and bulky so it doesn't get used as much as my smaller, quieter, not-that-much-slower bushranger compressor.

Thanks guys. Pulled the trigger last night on a $72 version from Fleabay, including delivery from Sydney. Looks to me very much like they all come out of the same factory, same bits and pieces even being offered with most of them. Choice of colours in silver and gold. Pay about $25 more to get a hard caryy case, I didnt bother, the one I bought comes with a nylon bag thingy that should be OK.

Hopefully it will do the job.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I have one from ebay the same as that,seems ok.