Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beach Worming

Re: Beach Worming

Ticked this one off the list 3 days ago. I went from having absolutely no idea how it was even possible and getting rather frustrated, to now understanding how really good wormers can pull 5 out with one receding wave. After getting a few out consecutively I feel as though I can get the job done.

Being an L plater, I am extremely reluctant to provide advice, so please take it as just my experience.

Definitely agree about approaching the worm softly. I actually found that you could touch the worm softly without them freaking out and spooking them- its how I caught mine anyways. The trick for me was to let them have a good go at the bait before attempting to pull them out. They ended up being spooked a lot less if they felt a good meal was in the offer. Definitely a sense of achievement having a little bucket full of worms. One last thing, they are just bait, don't let worming eat into good fishing time

i finally understand how its done now , we went to tugun and was shown how
    It is so much easier understanding by watching live than any YouTube video.

After a few hours i finally caught a couple .

Ahh beachworming, more fun than catching the whiting sometimes.

Got to put a time limit on it or i could do it all afternoon

Cheers,

Mick
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't forget that there is a bag limit of 30 (whole or part)
    S***fish & chippy

i went beach worming once i failed but suprisingly people around me caught big tailor lol i went n did it near sunset at a beach where there were beach fisherman