Thread: Relatively new member from Marsden QLD 4132

Relatively new member from Marsden QLD 4132

I had been trolling around the boards for a little while and decided I would buy a subscription. Anyway, Brisbane born and bred, served in the RAAF for nearly 24 years and was forced to retire at 46 (that is a whole other story for plenty of beers). Now 48, settled into my retirement and the wife still hates telling her friends her husband is a pensioner.............

My passions extend to fly fishing (though I am not that good at it yet), fishing with lures or soft plastics and I collect trading cards.

I have the all clear from the Docs to start getting out and about so I will be getting into some gentle land base fly fishing or lure fishing next week.

If your ever in the Marsden area I am always happy to put the kettle on.

Dave

Re: Relatively new member from Marsden QLD 4132

Welcome to the site Dave. If you want trouble free information steer clear of the politics section, otherwise back grab a cuppa and enjoy reading reports and hopefully share your new adventures with the members.

Cheers,
    Wags

Re: Relatively new member from Marsden QLD 4132

Hrm that reminds me I have a fly outfit in the shed collecting dust. Really must go for a flick sometime for something different.

Don't stress about being a "pensioner" at an early age due to whatever circumstance mate. You'll find you fill your time nicely at your own pace, and wonder how the hell you ever found time to do whatever you did before. I know I do

Life is a gift, enjoy it. That's why it's called *the present*