Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend 3/4 august off moreton and bay

weekend 3/4 august off moreton and bay

weather is looking ok for the weekend who's headin out.i will be out 1 day not sure yet but prob sat at this stage,going to start at the usual place then spend the day looking around for a few other things other than snapper...

Re: weekend 3/4 august off moreton

heading out monday to teach the young fella how to fish primarily targeting whiting but if that doesn't work will just hit the beacons for catch and release bait fish

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    heading out monday to teach the young fella how to fish primarily targeting whiting but if that doesn't work will just hit the beacons for catch and release bait fish
    Dont release them, ill take them off your hands....

lucee the whiting there getting at the rous are just before you get the start of the rous channel beacons...we got more over moreton (sandhills) last weekend but its a bit further to go,caught most on plain old squid strips

I'm going whitting again as family prefer whitting then snapper.

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    lucee the whiting there getting at the rous are just before you get the start of the rous channel beacons...we got more over moreton (sandhills) last weekend but its a bit further to go,caught most on plain old squid strips
    got a gps mark as im not real sure on the rous channel

Re: weekend 3/4 august off moreton and bay

close cobiaman ...to the right of the red looking at straddie,just head as if you where going to harries lucee pull up bout 100mtrs from the red or just look for all the boats

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    close cobiaman ...to the right of the red looking at straddie,just head as if you where going to harries lucee pull up bout 100mtrs from the red or just look for all the boats

Hmm I thought it was to the left.

all the boats on MONDAY i hope not....
    cheers kiddies will have a look and greame will keep the livies if we go that way, not sure how live they will be when you collect them but will be frozen.

its a bit of a trip from whyte island by the look of it
    anyone know of somewhere closer for whiting will have a 2 year old on board

Go from Cleveland then

if you go from wello point it is 2 ks closer than cleveland to the Rouse.

will be out early sunday morning, going to go through the SPB for the first time, does anyone have GPS marks for the middle channel, as I cant seem to get them off the other forum?

there are a couple of threads on the spb from earlier in the year with the middle channel marks in them which most of us use,if the current swell doesn't drop too much it wont be for the faint hearted..prob not a good swell direction for someone who hasn't been through it b4...easterly and a n/e swell is prob worst direction