Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weekend 3/4 august off moreton and bay

Re: weekend 3/4 august off moreton and bay

Thanks for the tip rosco, n will keep that in mind! Won't cross it if I don't feel safe!

Might be a bit blowey lookin at the forecast now

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    Might be a bit blowey lookin at the forecast now
    Might be a little exposed in a smaller boat. I'll be around, might even try a few tings to see what all the fuss is about. Deckie for the day needs to get home around lunch time but I am not going to be done yet. Planning a late arvo look around Mud with SP's if anyone wants to join me. The swap will be at Manly 'round midday, PM me with phone number if you can fish plastics.

Scalem

Drift around green on west side

ill be out most likely sunday northern bayhope the weather comes good

I want to look at the carrier leaving port.

330 metres of 80 metre high steel mountain pushing through the bay. Planes on the flight deck. Should be a good sight.

Dunno when they ate leaving only heard Sat morning. After that maybe fish Rouse....

Still waiting to see if weather is cooperating and if the Admiral will let me slip the moorings.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

the big swell offshore doesn't look like its dropping too much,might have to wait till sunday,wouldnt worry me in a s/e swell but an easterly swell might be a bit wild on the spb,more than likely call it in the morning,goldie is another option I guess

I'm heading out of the Goldy Sunday around 8. Hopefully catch something this time. Keep finding good shows but cant raise a fish...

4 or 5m should be fun

Change of plans, now heading out of the Gold Coast Sunday instead of spb

prob just hit the bay tomorrow for a few whiting then the plan is to head offshore through spb on sunday,hopefully the swell will of dropped a bit by then

If it was me , i would leave from manly. Its just a straight run. Just go straight past Harrys. Its about another k and u will see a red beacon. U fish to the left of beacon facing moreton.
    Fish from the western side and drift up to beacon on run out and away from beacon on run in.

I always found they were in about 15 ft of water. Waste oftime fishing in the deeper water.

Went 10 klms east of bribie today around lunchtime looking at some new ground and calibrating fuel flow meter was windy however it was still quite flat. Certainly fishable so I'm heading out tomorrow. And will be over moreton just after lunch chasing some squid around curtain.

Saw rosco today but he headed towards the sand hills. We bagged out at 11 when the wind picked up.

tim we got side tracked on the way over to moreton and ended up off moreton.lol.got a feed of reefies to go with the whiting we already had, was slow offshore,bit on the bar on the middle channel on full run out but nothing breaking,once out nice rolling swell at 12-14 seconds,came in this arvo with the shingles prob the worst I have seen this yr..still a good run just on 1 hr from square patch to manly...refueled and headin off the goldie in the morning to chase a few kingies and aj's on the 50's..