Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Coast Yellow Tail Kingies help PLEASE

Re: Gold Coast Yellow Tail Kingies help PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by MrNanks View Post
    Fair point Wags. Thanks so much for your help and info.
    What rigs do you suggest for out there. We were planning on try a floater and bottom bashing with baits and jigs.
    Patenoster rig etc . Cheers

Dave, both paternoster rig and floatlining rigs will work - but I'd hate to get 2 kingies on a paternoster. We use a snelled rig of 6/0 mustad big guns - about 6" between the two hooks. Livies are the gun bait of choice, followed by sp's and metal jigs. SP's- 6 or 7" grub tails, paddle tails or jerk shads with either 2 - 4oz jighead. Surecatch jigs in the 300 - 400g sizes. Gotta go or the wife will revoke my internet privileges.

Cheers

why go all the way out there? you can get 1m one's in the seaway.....opps did I say that out loud.

Update from Sunday chasing Yellow Tail Kingies.
    Well had a ball chasing the live baits at the said grounds ( Thanks for the info lads).
    We fished in about 45 m of water but on a couple of bits.
    Moved and on the way we nearly ran over a black kingy swimming slowly on the surface. He was about 1 -1.2m long. Dropped a live bait out on a float but nothing.
    Headed to a new spot in 65m of water and after getting smashed a few times my mate landed a small black kingy. A nice end to the day. We both now converted to the live bait fishing.
    My main problem was the amount of my baits bitten around the hooks without hooking up. At one stage I had 4 baits sitting on the bait board with chunks out of every different parts of their heads but no hook ups. Any clues what I can do to help.

Cheers