Thread: Wanted - Tractor to hire - Minnie Water

Wanted - Tractor to hire - Minnie Water

From Fri 24th Aug for a week. Beer or cash currency happily paid

Have a 4.4m Quintrex Hornet wanting to beach launch in the lagoon - unfortunately although my X8 crewman is all wheel drive, it really doesnt lend itself to this job.

If anyone can help or knows anyone I can contact who might be willing to hire us their tractor to put in & out would be great

Thanks
    Cindy

Re: Wanted - Tractor to hire - Minnie Water

You back again Cindy?? How was the big trip?

TOL

Cindy, I have only been to minnie once a year or so back and used the lagoon there with my rig for a few days. When I was there it was as hard as a rock and most normally like that I was told by the locals. If you do no good on the tractor and given the size of your boat I reacon you would get away with just running it back on the jockey and pulling out with a bit of rope either on the trailer or just snig boat out on the sand and dry load it. My experience was its more like a boat ramp than a beach. Just avoid the spots where the soaks run out, bit soft there.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    You back again Cindy?? How was the big trip?

TOL
    Augh...still waiting to go!!!! lol Had had some time out with medical issues..but all good now & full steam ahead. Hoping to head off about next May (winter!!!). Trailer nearly finished & bus should be coming back to our shed soon ready for the internal fitout now all the mechanical, exterior changes done.......its been a process, between money, work, time & other crap going on!