Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First timers experience at a m&g - Straddie.

Re: First timers experience at a m&g - Straddie.

Was great to meet you.

The only reason we all know each other is we turned up to a M&G and said g'day. That is it!

The refined country gentlemen travel quiet a ways to go to these and we would not know any of these city folk if we never went to a M&G. In fact there are times I reconsider that original decision, but most of the time you get a real good bunch of blokes and sometimes their family. At the end of last year, we did a M&G at Somerset dam and it was a family affair (not as in Giffos joke) and I brought my family including two little girls. Others brought their wife, GF, BF and kids and we dragged tubes around the dam all day and had a BBQ and language/behaviour was fine.

You don't have to be a drinker (Muddy is a non drinker) nor a blokey bloke. Just need to love boats/fishing, enjoy a relaxed time, not be too serious and appreciate honesty and a laugh, because you will get plenty. In general, if you have a problem, these same people will be the first to put their hands up and help. Then joke about it relentlessly on the forum and at every M&G for the next few years.

So next one - turn up for a few hours, days or weeks. It is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by mull dog View Post
    Thought about going to one of these myself but don't actually know anyone. I quite enjoy the odd beer and a bit if bulls@&t and really love looking at boats so I might have to bite the bullet aswell. Waking up with your eyebrows is always a bonus.
    Mate that is exactly the position I was in and why I posted this thread. The pre trip banter can be intimidating but it is a great time and the guys are really friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Somehow I doubt my liver could take it. Besides I would have to do some fishing as the kids keep asking where the fish are?
    If your serious about coming for a day, two days, week, two weeks.......bahahahaha!!!!! An Etech wouldn't last two weeks!!!!

Then put up in the Agnes M&G thread and see if anyone has a bed, floor, garage to crash at and come on up!!!!

Seriously MT you need therapy for this ETEC phobia. I suggest two weeks at 1770 fishing everyday should cure you.

Gees MT you sure like the dislike button. Don't like ETECs. full of hate aren't you. Not cuddled enough as a kid?

Thanks for the insight Brenden. I'm about to embark on my first m&g but at least I've met a few of the people so I shouldn't be too intimadated, although Muddy seems downright scary threatening to shoot me if I didn't give him my rego number.wtf ! I was too nervous to send it to him thinking I might get it wrong and he'll find out and go for his 45.

Macca's going to give me a bottle of sambucca at the big m&g and I think I'll have to drown the lot before I set eyes on that Muddy character, neverlone the rest. One thing I've got in my favor is that there's no white donk on the back of my boat.

Yep good to meet you Brendan. As everyone else has said get up to Agnes mate. Great fun and the fishing can be great. Most don't indulge quite as heavily as Saturday night up there apart from Cobiagetmeanother5litresman.

Gee, Apollo's post almost brought a tear to my eye. I can imagine how hard it is for a newby to crash one of our get togethers but I am yet to see anyone who turns up who was not welcomed with open arms (and eskys). Most of us like a bit of a laugh and the chance to wet a line or have a beer with like minded fishos. You won't find a better bunch of people to get to know.
    The Agnes M&G is the highlight of the AF social calendar but there are plenty of other opportunities to get to know the team. A day or two in M&G camp can forge friendships that could last the rest of your life (unless you have an Etec)
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Gees MT you sure like the dislike button. Don't like ETECs. full of hate aren't you. Not cuddled enough as a kid?
    he's bound for glory!

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Cobiagetmeanother5litresman.
    It was very appreciated when you dropped off that 5L of shine today! Thanks for keeping my alcoholism alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    To be honest guys, I think you will be surprised at the calibre of people that are your Ausfish Folk. Come along you will enjoy it, very easy going blokes and quite cunny funts too!
    aww shucks your making me blush

Seriously MT you need therapy for this ETEC phobia. I suggest two weeks at 1770 fishing everyday should cure you.
    This is where the issue arises.

I'm not exactly going to pay out the Yamaha owners am I?

Last time I pushed my luck with a Honda owner Phill changed my avatar pic.

If I tried to pay out Jim's Verado that cheeky bugger will out wit me everytime!!!

So what's a man to do?

We're any of you blokes left there on Sunday at lunch time?

I pottered over there but didn't see any Ausfish boats.

I did manage to make a fool of myself as usual. Three blokes were having a laugh and a beer and one was a younger bloke of Asian origin. He had a smile on his face that my imagination puts on Muddy Toes when I read his posts.

So I asked. 'You blokes aren't from Ausfish are you?'

They clearly hadn't heard of Ausfish but luckily the name doesn't sound too bad... (Who wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Aus Fisher) so I was able to escape gracefully.

Didn't stop my missus and daughter putting crap on me for being a goose though..,,

So were any of you big kids still left over there are lunch time Sunday?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Most don't indulge quite as heavily as Saturday night up there apart from Cobiagetmeanother5litresman.
    You sure did raise a little rat bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

So next one - turn up for a few hours, days or weeks. It is all good.
    Apparently you can't attend for a few hours without being labeled a "part timer"

Next one I get to I'll stay a little longer.......and all you blokes will be saying "geez, I wish he was here only part time......."

Some of the attendees I already knew (some I wish I didn't), but it was good to put faces to names and make some new acquaintances.

Has anyone mentioned how impressive Yamaha Row was......875HP of awesomeness.

Cheers
    G
    S***fish & chippy