Thread: Finally some great weather and a few snapper ...

Finally some great weather and a few snapper ...

With our fantastic Signature 485 sf now SOLD - so you don't have to ask me twice if I want to hitch a ride until our new boat project is finished ! With some great weather finally forcast I jumped at the offer to have a fish with local sportfishing guide Tri

I have been experimenting with the Shimano Lucanus jigs a fair bit this last season and continually surprised at how effective they can be - This cracking gold spot likes them too !

Great looking fish and go hard !!

As the afternoon wore on we managed to find a few snapper with Tri landing this beautiful fish !

I managed to finish the session off with another quality fish on my old favourite Squidgy Wriggler in Glow !

It was a great afternoon and I'm sure I will need to encourage Tri to have a few more "Guides days Off"

How Good Is Hervey Bay !
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Re: Finally some great weather and a few snapper ...

Scott, the pics are not showing up for me
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

There working now mate... Sounds like a good trip, how deep were u fishing with those jigs as I was looking at then earlier in the week and was tossing up trying one out! We're u just simply jigging them?
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Yea, all working now. Great shots and some nice fish
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Well done Scott. Just go's to show that its not what you know but who...or in your case I guess its both.

Congrats on selling your boat and I'm looking forward to seeing your next one. Guessing at this years boat show again?

How good are your photo's! What sort of camera gear are you using? Especially loved the underwater shot.

Thanks also for your efforts in working towards the future of fishing and RFH's.

The next generation are depending upon guys like yourself and Lindsay,

Mal

Not sure what happened with the shots 1st up ....

Andrew - we where fishing in water depths between 50 -110 ft

I recently wrote an article on the complete system @ http://shimanoshack.com.au/2013/07/0...ucanus-system/

You actually don't do much at all - just a really slow roll and feed them back every now and then to stay close to the bottom. You actually fish them like bait - which takes a while to get the confidence as you do NOT strike either - the fish will hook them selves and your rod will just load up !

Mal - I am heading down to the factory tomorrow and will be spending the day finalising everything on Wednesday. I do not think it will be ready for the boat show and hope to have it in the water by October at this stage.

My camera gear is - Cannon 7D - Cannon 10-22mm lens, 580 speedlight - mostly run on full auto

The Fraser Coast Fihsing Alliance is building momentum - BUT we still need the membership numbers. If you fish the Fraser Coast - WE NEED YOU

http://www.frasercoastfishingalliance.com.au/

Boatless - Scotto

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Thanks for all that Scott some good info in that article and I might have to join the alliance since I maybe moving up your way for a year ,are you still in real estate up that way and do you do rentals thanks ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yeah Matt - we now have our own office and do rentals - let me know if we can give ya a hand

Boatless - Scotto
    Last edited by Scott Mitchell; 30-07-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Some nice fish there mate! Well done

Some cracker fish there Scott well done mate. I am looking for a Investment property up at HB at the moment. It is a great place mate I love it up there.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....