Thread: Capacity labels

Capacity labels

hi all
    where can i buy a Capacity labels
    at caboolture
    cheers snap

Re: Capacity labels

Try BCF, they are free, but you may need to ask for them cause sometimes they keep them in a draw
    I'd call first to check they have some in store. Any tackle store should have some

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    Try BCF, they are free, but you may need to ask for them cause sometimes they keep them in a draw
    I'd call first to check they have some in store. Any tackle store should have some
    Good info ST...got ours from Transport Dept...didnt know BCF had them

Thanks Ray & Kerri.

most tackle shops have them as a goodwill gesture, as they are free, if you call main roads, they will post them to you also.

yeah dept of transport just hand them over the counter.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by pipifin View Post
    yeah dept of transport just hand them over the counter.
    yeah but have you got to wait in line for hours or just walk in and ask for one
    cheers snap

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    yeah but have you got to wait in line for hours or just walk in and ask for one
    cheers snap
    M8 DONT take a ticket....just walk up to the enquiry counter...THEY will fix U up quicksmart

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Quote Originally Posted by solemandownunder View Post
    m8 dont take a ticket....just walk up to the enquiry counter...they will fix u up quicksmart

cheers, ray & kerri.
    thanks 4 that
    cheers snap

I don't understand how this works.... Do you find the manufacturers plate and then use that number hand written onto the label?

If so, what's to stop the irresponsible user with one too many mates bumping the number up by one?

Or don't the police use that label.... they already know? What's the need for the label then?

It all seems a bit flakey to me....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    I don't understand how this works.... Do you find the manufacturers plate and then use that number hand written onto the label?

If so, what's to stop the irresponsible user with one too many mates bumping the number up by one?

Or don't the police use that label.... they already know? What's the need for the label then?

Tony, as I understand it....WP have a general idea what capacities are applicable according to boat size and configuration.

When I was with Rob the day he didnt have the label....the first thing they asked was what size was the boat......he duly replied 4.8mts and that it was licenced for 5, if my memory serves me correctly. They had no problem with that and after handing him a new capacity label, agreed that he put 5 as capacity for his particular craft.

Maybe if he had said the capacity was 6 or 7+, then they may have questioned further.

Our deHavilland has a manufacturers' capacity of 6, however, we have put 5 on the label as that is what we really think the boat is capable of in smooth-partially smooth waters inside the bay.

It is always wise to note that the regulations require a boat to be downsized as far as capacity goes when it comes to rougher water.

I guess, at the end of the day, behaviour can determine an outcome regardless of the capacity label.

To our way of thinking, LESS is better than more & shows the ability of the skipper at the time to determine what is correct & safe for his particular craft, given the conditions at the time.

Just some observations....Ray & Kerri.

Have a read here. Short and informative.

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Safety/Capacity-labels.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post

OK Grasshopper, if you can take the stone from my hand.....

Er, i mean if you go to this link, it tells you the official answer of how to work out the capacity for your boat, which you then use on the label.

I tried to copy and paste the tables there to this post but they dont come across in a usable format. So click on the link, and you will find the answer:

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Safety/Capacity-labels.aspx

It is interesting to note that there are actually 3 different types of capacity labels - one for boats under 6 meters, one for those over, and one for boats with flybridges or similar.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thank you sensei.