Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraser Is. closed area

Re: Fraser Is. closed area

All very intresting reading looking for to going there myself and the local lads.
    Keep us all updated on the beach conditions thankyou Chips Tailorfisho and GM.
    now off to read the link on bag and size limts before heading there myself!!

I will be at Fraser 4th - 10th of Aug. White patrol with a rhino rack (how many of those are there?). Come say hi if you are a fellow ausfisher. My beer will be cold. Tailorfisho and GM, if we cross paths i will come over and say hi.

im heading up on Sat 17th Aug till Sat 31st staying at Orchard in 2 different houses ( Marloo Blue ) first week and ( Bracefell ) the second. I was camping with the boys from 13th july till 19 july at Ocean Lake camp area and we only got 1 decent sesh that we could fish due to the 25-30 knot E-S/E all week.
    the wind dropped to around 20knots for about a hour just before dark and we got 18 Tailor that sesh between 38 and 43 cm in the gutter out front of Marloo camp area but we were picking up the odd 2 or 3 per day with some Trevally and Flattys thrown in, but it wasn't very enjoyable trying to fish in the strong wind. would love to here how you guys go this week.

well took some well bled frozen tailor out of the freezer on Monday night, cooked it frozen. Great taste, not soft, and those who have not tried that method ,should give it a go.
    David

Never been to Fraser, most tailor fishing on the Gold Coast.
    I liked going down to Currumbin Beach after dark, soaking a pillie................. usually you might get a bite after an hour, maybe a 2 kg tailor, maybe another after another hour. There seemed to be some loners cruising the gutters......
    Bet they are still there..
    randell

Randell , mate do yourself a favour and make sure you do at least 1 trip to Fraser in Aug/sept while your still on earth! It is the best beach fishing you will ever do! When there on , you cast your pilly , take up the slack as quick as you can and then strike , if all that's not done within 3 seconds of the bait hitting the water, you will need to rebait and that's no lie :-)

I am very envious....... I am in Indonesia this year, and am looking forwards to getting back to Fraser.... hopefully next year... although a move to Canberra will reduce the availability of that magical place to us!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!