Thread: Jerusalem creek bundjalung national park beach access

Jerusalem creek bundjalung national park beach access

Hi does anyone know if the 4wd beach access at the Jerusalem creek camp ground is open yet I am heading down on Friday it would be handy to get on that end of the beach rather than go all the way around

Re: Jerusalem creek bundjalung national park beach access

Nope. Last I heard from National Sparks and Wildfire was that they won't be re-building the access way to minimize beach use. Bunch of beaurocratic knobs in that regard....

Quote Originally Posted by mattooty View Post
    Nope. Last I heard from National Sparks and Wildfire was that they won't be re-building the access way to minimize beach use. Bunch of beaurocratic knobs in that regard....
    thought that may be the case they closed the kiosk at woody head and have to book ahead if you want to camp there they also say if you want to book you will incur a 2.5% surcharge. they want a lot from you and want to give very little back.

u serious,the woody head kiosk is closed, is it permanent?

No the kiosk is not closed. My mates manage the park (emphasis on manage, not set the rates). Woody head succumbed to becoming to popular for it's own good, hence a booking system was implemented. Basically it eliminated the hundreds of holiday makers turning up at popular times from hours away only to be turned around and left with no where to go.
    I'm super critical of the way national parks are currently managed, especially the broader Bundjalung region.

What about the access to Pebbley Beach. Is it open yet. Last time i was looking at going down it was not passssable due to all the flood water coming out and erosion at the watr crossing. But that was a while ago......
    JN

Was at Woody head a couple of weeks ago.

Kiosk is closed as they are in between contracts.

Beach was awesome but Im sure Jerusalem creek access was still out didn't actually eyeball it, I remember some one saying they bouldered it. It was close last time and some of the better set up trucks were still getting up and down.

Webby, well there you go. Maybe my mates are relingquishing their contract? Their was the big concrete blockade at Block Rock access up until a few months back but when that was moved it was borderline do-able in extreme circumstances. I might go for a drive down there this arvo and have a look-see.
    Jewienewie, no idea on pebbly beach. Haven't been down that way for years and years. I probably would need a mudmap and directions next time I head that way.

Would be very interested in how the black rocks access is going Matt
    Ridiculous keeping it closed just puts more pressure on Woody heads so it gets over-used cf black rocks. Have wanted to go there for 2 yrs but no beach access = too hard with little kids and pain arse from fishing point of view. The beach gets used anyway just that u have to drive up from Woody Heads! Ridiculous!!

The lack of common sense is astounding.

After reading this thread I went for a drive to have a look at the beach access and I can put it to rest, as the beach access has been, that the access is worse than ever, with 2 permanent fixtures built to prevent ANY vehicle access to the beach. First a concrete blockade at the entrance to where the access was, about 5m after that a permanent wooden barrier fence, then starpickets/orange netting creating a fenceline along an eroded edge with a 3-5m drop on one side. At the "end" of the beach access is a 2m drop with a bit of rubble and cr@p around the base.