Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Triton GLX - towing power?

Re: 2013 Triton GLX - towing power?

Perhaps it was the 80K service, I just know he was spewing at how much it was

We had two of them as work utes and they spent more time at the mechanics then on the road. They were both autos so on the highway they were fine but around town they took a bit of getting used to as when you put your foot down to take off nothing happened. Both fully loaded with work gear.

Capped price servicing for 4 years on mine so no suprises there most expensive is around the $550 mark. As for planting your foot to try and take a gap you can forget it due to Mitsubishi's ecu mapping, its caught me out a few times the trick is not to just stand on the throttle quickly but open it a bit slower and then it picks up just fine.

Overall I am fairly happy with mine doing 110km a day from Redcliffe to Carole Park and getting under 8l/100 last tank was 7.8 this tank will be better. Swmbo's Challenger drives 150km a day up to the sunny coast and the on board reads 9.3l/100 but then the ac is always on sub zero and she wont use 5th till she is on the highway at a hundred.
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter View Post
    Capped price servicing for 4 years on mine so no suprises there most expensive is around the $550 mark. As for planting your foot to try and take a gap you can forget it due to Mitsubishi's ecu mapping, its caught me out a few times the trick is not to just stand on the throttle quickly but open it a bit slower and then it picks up just fine.

Overall I am fairly happy with mine doing 110km a day from Redcliffe to Carole Park and getting under 8l/100 last tank was 7.8 this tank will be better. Swmbo's Challenger drives 150km a day up to the sunny coast and the on board reads 9.3l/100 but then the ac is always on sub zero and she wont use 5th till she is on the highway at a hundred.
    Hi Yep i am happy with mine ...capped price servicing and yes easing on the throttle works compared to planting. Another question though...has anyone spun the goose neck on towbar around to gain a bit of height? I have a steep driveway and trailer scrapes going over it. Any reason i cant turn goose neck around??

I got a new GLX-R dual cab in 2010, manual 2.5. I have done 145,000 Ks now. tow regular, either boat or work trailers. plenty of power for a small motor once your underway, 100k/hr in 3rd easy down the highway on ramp when i'm running late for work.....

but a bit sluggish off idle to 1750rpm or so until the turbo starts cranking , it is only a 2.5L I guess?? so hill starts or gassing it into a gap in the traffic is a bit wild until you get the throttle/ clutch timming right, then it's fine, like someone else said, you more roll the power on rather then plant your foot to the floor to get best results

I haven't had a service over a $1000? i'm think the older 3.2L model had the big service at 90k

had a few warranty claims,
    air bag sensors error codes ( x 4 ) loose conection somewhere after 4 goes so they replaced the wiring harness
    intake manifold replaced from being clogged with carbon/sludge build up from stupid emission control set up
    3rd and 4th gear syncro hubs replaced from excessive wear, think that was 2010 model thing only?

you can do the aftermarket exhaust and chip thing which i'm told really frees them up and pulls harder from lower down. might void your warranty tho?

I don't think any utes have weight in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    My work vehicle is a triton ( petrol)
    No issue with towing per se, but I have a steep driveway I have to back the boat up.
    Even in 4wd low range and diff locked it spins the wheels. It's worse with the diff locked as it just spins both wheels and goes sideways.
    The wife's Pajero and my previous prado had no issue.
    No weight in the arse.

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a GLX-R auto and it tows my 1200kg package with ease and but there is a far bit of a turbo lag in second gear still great vehicle

I have a 2012 one. Best thing I ever did to it was a snorkel, K and N filter and taking the muffler out and replacing with pipe. Pulls much better from down low, spools way quicker and goes better. Motor also freed up lots after 15 000 km's and even more out to say 30k then I'd say was proper run in.

Thanks gents, liked the test drive. Dealer in brisbane was far more reasonable with vehicle cost and upgrades, by well over $2k all up, so even though I'd like to shop local I'm definitely off to bris to get mine.

Brisbane car has 8km and the local one had over 50, local bloke seemed annoyed to be taken away from his telly and tried to steer us away from arb products. brisbane guy couldn't help enough, so easy choice in the end. So road trip is on the cards shortly...

I just bought myself a GLX. How cheap are they atm?? Very happy with it, and I'm sure you will be with yours. Oh and it tows just fine, looking forward to taking it on a road trip at the end of the year, 5000km, bring it on.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Well after a couple thousand km's on it and towing the boat for one trip with it so far it tows beautifully, I can't tell my 4.8m Poly is there until I check the mirrors. You guys were right about the no thumping down the peddle in first and second, but I quickly got used to the ease it on method.

I used to have a v6 model so I was worried that the diesel would be a lot less powerful and it's not a lot of difference except for the start of first and second. Great fuel economy on the highway in 5th, getting just under 8L/100km.

Thanks guys great car for the bucks.