Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Triton GLX - towing power?

2013 Triton GLX - towing power?

Hi guys,

looking at the GLX, boat fully loaded is probably around 800-900kg at a guess and I have to tow up a small range on the way back home. Any feedback on the 2.5L turbo diesel?

thanks, at 30k before accessories it's hard to knock back.

Re: 2013 Triton GLX - towing power?

I have the 2.5 Triton myself, a 2010 model but no different.

I have no issues towing 2500kg boat at all,

Good to hear I am looking at 2wd version, 25k with towbar and ladder rack and about to get cheaper due to old boy network
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Won't even know your boat is there.

Hi, i just bought the manual Challenger 4x4 wagon a couple of months ago, same 2.5TD engine, manual has 400nm torque, auto 350Nm, my boat is only about 1200kg all up but averaged 13.3L/100km towing to woodgate and getting around 8-9l/100 unloaded, happy with the power but you do need to load the revs up a little on a steeper ramp(unless you wish to use low range which is easy) i went to Biloela from Brissie to get mine , 2012 mod brand new no kms for 32K on the road with a towbar, i think thats pretty good value, what else can you get for that? good luck with the purchase.
    Cheers
    Mick

Yeah $30K at the moment for GLX 2013 models, hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Floating Rib View Post
    Hi, i just bought the manual Challenger 4x4 wagon a couple of months ago, same 2.5TD engine, manual has 400nm torque, auto 350Nm, my boat is only about 1200kg all up but averaged 13.3L/100km towing to woodgate and getting around 8-9l/100 unloaded, happy with the power but you do need to load the revs up a little on a steeper ramp(unless you wish to use low range which is easy) i went to Biloela from Brissie to get mine , 2012 mod brand new no kms for 32K on the road with a towbar, i think thats pretty good value, what else can you get for that? good luck with the purchase.
    Cheers
    Mick

Yep had mine 2 weeks and happy with the whole package including power when towing. Having said that i reckon 2nd gear could kick in a bit earlier it has surprised me a couple of times (not even towing at the time) bogging down say when in 2nd approaching roundabout then go to accelerate and theres nothing there? May be just me getting used to the ratios but has anyone else found this?

Automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by paullee View Post
    Yep had mine 2 weeks and happy with the whole package including power when towing. Having said that i reckon 2nd gear could kick in a bit earlier it has surprised me a couple of times (not even towing at the time) bogging down say when in 2nd approaching roundabout then go to accelerate and theres nothing there? May be just me getting used to the ratios but has anyone else found this?

Its a manual...power doesnt kick in till about 2000rpm in 2nd..test drive one and try it yourself...would be interested to get some feedback

Ive got a manual 2012 version, your boat will only be blocking your rear view mirror a tad apart from that you will have to keep reminding yourself it is behind you.
    Jack.

I bought a Triton ute and the missus bought a challenger today so we weill see.
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Ok thanks gents.

My work vehicle is a triton ( petrol)
    No issue with towing per se, but I have a steep driveway I have to back the boat up.
    Even in 4wd low range and diff locked it spins the wheels. It's worse with the diff locked as it just spins both wheels and goes sideways.
    The wife's Pajero and my previous prado had no issue.
    No weight in the arse.

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

check the service costs on these guys, a mate of mine has a challenger, he really likes it but the 100k service is $1600

considering the 100k service is only a timing belt that is no where near close, timing belt replacement is just under $700