Thread: Taylor at Teewah

Taylor at Teewah

Taking the kids up to Tewantin and Teewah this week. How has the fishing been and has any taylor been caught.

Re: Taylor at Teewah

John,

Fishing generally hasn't been terrific and tailor - well let's not go there. Has been a few bream and some of a decent size, but mainly from the rocky gutters south of Teewah - and they are rocky. Watch out for a dude pulling balers and volutes from those gutters as I'm damaging myself enough on the broken stubbies etc without sinkers and hooks raining on me There is the odd decent dart and whiting being caught and flathead are in reasonable numbers on plastics or froggies. Work the gutters is the key for the flathead - all species really.
    Just don't know what to suggest for tailor as everyone is telling me that they can't lose a pilchard, and my spinning effort yesterday only found a chopper that should still be in an estuary.
    Beach however is glorious at the moment when the sun is shining with some lovely gutters - I hope yourself and kids have fun.

So Lindsay has the beach come back a bit??. Like to head up there soon even if just for a relaxing weekend.

Cheers
    Craig

Incredibly so Craig - barely a rock visible on the beach and high banks on many of the gutters. Sand is pumping on to the beach as fast as it was being taken off earlier in the year.

Hi Lyndsey, we just fished the Rainbow Comp, this year was my 20th as you say the Tailor fishing on the beach was terrible both for size and numbers.

This really didn't bother me as i fish light surf, there has also been a big decrease in bream and tarwhine numbers the last few years, however this year saw some of the best night time light surf fishing for 15 years.

Any thoughts, cheers wayne

Was reading your reports Youngy of the Rainbow comp - some good tarwhine and bream which is pleasing. Has been noticeable this year that both species have been better than for some years. As to why - I'm speculating that good rainfall is a factor and has helped high recruitment after 2007. Is some good water about for them also. Will dig up my bream graphs where I've compared to rainfall and post.

Just been watching a mullet net shot in front of Teewah which was fascinating to watch unfold, but got a bit ugly. Will write a report of my observations later.
    Best focus on flathead John.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Just been watching a mullet net shot in front of Teewah which was fascinating to watch unfold, but got a bit ugly. Will write a report of my observations later.
    hehehe

Looking forward to your 'report'. Any photos?