Thread: 177 INCH OR 14.8Ft 7W Jew Rod

Smile 177 INCH OR 14.8Ft 7W Jew Rod

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would share my Jew rod I just finished building. It is a Snyder glass 14.8ft 7W blank and I put on it Fuji black guides and reel seat with shrink wrap bottom grip and VB cord top grip. This is the second surf rod I have built and i'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Re: 177 INCH OR 14.8Ft 7W Jew Rod

very neat mate, great job. I would critique one thing though. Piss that metal hoolla hope guide off and put a H frame Fuji size 40 in its place. I use the H frame guides in size 40 for all my surf rods, you will cast a country mile simply because the line is slapping on the grip or blank. Many look at the size 40 and think I have lost my marbles, however dont judge until you try it.

Stu

Im going to hazard a guess here. But looking at the quality of your thread work and coating you have done more than two rods. If not, then you have that touch.

Stu

Stu,

I made a couple when I was about 16 or so my dad came across some 6ft blanks a guy did not want. I decided to make my son a 12ft surf rod for his 10th birthday because I could not find him one that had small grips for him to get his hand around. So I thought bugger it i'll make him one.. In short this is my second surf rod now on a budget home made bench with cheap rollers. The best part about it is I love doing it and wish I never stopped and now will continue to make more.

P.S. I re did the pattern over and over until I got it right lol

Nice work mate.

Nice job. Keep em coming.