Thread: Cork Grips to Fit game rod

Cork Grips to Fit game rod

I have a client who has a allergic reaction to EVA
    I am looking at replacement cork grips but the must be thick enough larger than cork grips on a normal bait caster
    I am also looking at using hypalon. Does this grip have the same chemical that is in EVA?
    Is it also possible to lay leather or cork over EVA?
    Any assistance would be appreciated

Ken

Re: Cork Grips to Fit game rod

Yes you can get cork that is thicker than the ones they use on bait casters, and yes you can install leather over cork ( Recommended method) and EVA but both these methods are expensive and require some prior knowledge as it can go wrong easily, you may be better off installing EVA and then fitting X flock heat shrink over the EVA, less expensive and much easier to do.

Cheers
    Pedro

EVA is different from Hypalon but thats something you will need to check into mate.
    If you want a thicker cork grip then you will need to buy the rings, then glue and shape.
    You cant wrap natural cork around a grip that will 1 be deformed from use and 2, it will crack and tear the moment you try and bend it.
    You can wrap leather around cork or even EVA. In fact you would be better leaving the EVA grip on the rod then fitting the leather over top of that, lot less work mate.

Stu

EVA is Ethyl Vinyl Acetate and Hypalon is Cholrosulphonated Polyethylene so they are different.

Thank you all for your guidance

Ken

Hey Ken, you can get preformed cork game grips from The Rodworks. They come from Freeway Australia. I've never used them but saw them on the site whilst browsing.

Regards
    Mark

Thanks mark

Ken