Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaksea Spit (Hervey Bay) 2013 M&G Nov 8-10

Re: Breaksea Spit (Hervey Bay) 2013 M&G Nov 8-10

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Dave's not dressing himself up in latex, pink Marlin skirts with a pink lumo Hawaiian shirt on top and being trolled around at 6 knots is he?
    errrr, no. I won't be doing that.

and I'm not saying anything other than I plan to produce a full spread and am keeping my cards close to my breast until the do. bring it on!!!!!
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Dave's not dressing himself up in latex, pink Marlin skirts with a pink lumo Hawaiian shirt on top and being trolled around at 6 knots is he?
    In that outfit he would make a fine teaser................at the Gay Mardi Gras
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Bill,

if Netmaker does produce a full spread can you out of common courtesy to your fellow man please give all who attend this fine M&G a 60 minute warning and details of a said 12 mile exclusion zone!
    Tangles KFC

Bill,

if Netmaker does produce a full spread can you out of common courtesy to your fellow man please give all who attend this fine M&G a 60 minute warning and details of a said 12 mile exclusion zone!
    Mate that 12 mile exclusion zone will start when we find our bait ball just north of the 13 mile crossover, so you guys may as well stayed anchored at Rooney's for the day LOL

This might not be the right place to to ask a serious question, but here goes....

Is there secure parking in the marina (or nearby), Or do we just take our chances in the public carpark?
    Does the area have a history/reputation for theft and vandalism?

I know I wouldn't leave my car at a ramp here for 3 days and expect it to be the same when I came back, sad isn't it......

Now back to our regular programming

G
    S***fish & chippy

shame for asking a serious question grahame.

last year the public car park was the go. well lit up area and no-one reported any damage. perry and I stayed at the ramp both the Thursday and Saturday nights tho so only risked the Friday night but there were trailers there when we arrived and left.

Yea we stayed at the ramp Thursday night, fished Friday & Saturday arrived back at the boat harbour on Sunday morning with 3 other boats & all Good , now you have just caused me to start thinking about this Bugger

I have done quite a few overnighters there and feel pretty safe leaving the car in the public car park.

Left the car and trailer there for 3 nights last M&G - no issues. There is a boat/car/etc storage facility right next to the ramp if you prefer.

Or try Leisure Freight and Import .... I've heard the offer a very secure trailer storage service!
    Jim

Sorry gents, I was just looking for some info

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post

Or try Leisure Freight and Import .... I've heard the offer a very secure trailer storage service!
    Nobody would get at it then.......(sorry Ric...)

Not having been out from Urangan since mobile phones were invented.....what is this storage place that you speak of???
    Any other info would be good.
    Thanks
    S***fish & chippy

Quote Originally Posted by fish'n'chippy View Post
    Sorry gents, I was just looking for some info

Nobody would get at it then.......(sorry Ric...)

Not having been out from Urangan since mobile phones were invented.....what is this storage place that you speak of???
    Any other info would be good.
    Thanks
    There's a boat storage place (fences/lights/cameras) between the Chandlery/Tackle place and the Fish shop and Ice Works on Jetty Road (opposite the caravan park) it was? Called Fraser Coast Secure Vehicle Storage .... there's a sign on the fence tho that says "Hervey Bay Boat Club Secure Boat Storage Facility Contact 4197 8763".

If you have no luck then call the ferry service at Urangan and ask where you can lock up a trailer while you use there excellent service to take your car to Fraser (yes, fib a little). Or ring the Chandlery there ... or the slipway ....
    Jim

I wonder if the young'uns dabbling in waters way over their heads have realized that the continental shelf is only about 7NM from the end of the bar crossing. It might be worth a look if the weather is good. Gee, Marlin, Reds or Ooglies? What a choice
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

and still plenty of time to replace that alvey...

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I wonder if the young'uns dabbling in waters way over their heads have realized that the continental shelf is only about 7NM from the end of the bar crossing. It might be worth a look if the weather is good. Gee, Marlin, Reds or Ooglies? What a choice
    Blue Marlin......
    S***fish & chippy

Why replace the alvey? I do believe in that ooglie thread that electrics werent allowed....