Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Moreton bay

Re: Trolling Moreton bay

Hungry6,

That sounds like a great idea to me, and generous of you to boot.

Might be a good way to share some knowledge and iron some kinks out of our techniques.

Look forward to seeing it come to pass.

Cheers and thanks, Steve

Sounds good hungry6. How long is the mackeral season? I am pretty busy leading up to christmas

What weight rods do I need? I have a 6500 shimano baitrunner with 40lb mono, 4500 baitrunner shimano with30lb braid, charter special 2000 with 30lb braid, stradic 4000j 30 lb braid stradic ci4000 with 30lb braid. My rods are all around 4-8kg. What should I use

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    So many interested people with trolling for mackerel. We should organise a mackerel bash this summer, if enough people are interested and the weather play then I will organise it with a BBQ and we can use my place as a base. I'm on acreage, with plenty of room for boats and the ramp is 100m down the road with access to northern bay via passage. Just an idea, have a think and let me know.
    So long as there is free beers.lol

still dreamin,i use 10-15 kilo rods and 50 lb mono 40lb would be ok as well...not a big fan of braid for trolling...

So many interested people with trolling for mackerel. We should organise a mackerel bash this summer, if enough people are interested and the weather play then I will organise it with a BBQ and we can use my place as a base. I'm on acreage, with plenty of room for boats and the ramp is 100m down the road with access to northern bay via passage. Just an idea, have a think and let me know.
    Thought it was a good idea until I had a close look at your face in your avatar, are you a part time axe murderer?

I am SERIOUSLY interested Do go on

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    still dreamin,i use 10-15 kilo rods and 50 lb mono 40lb would be ok as well...not a big fan of braid for trolling...
    Excellent I get to buy new rods! Maybe a new reel or too as well, it would very such a waste of braid and the stradic ci4000 only has 12lb

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Because you asked for it, I'm happy to put some up, I don't drink beer and never bought them, but some how they seem to regenerate and populate my fridge.

I feel bad for hijacking this thread. I will start new one when I have a god think after I come back from Sydney this week end
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Hijack? More like natural progression. Plenty of interest in this thread from a reasonably small group. Would be good if rosco came along or met up in the bay to straighten out all our misbehaving paravane

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Thought it was a good idea until I had a close look at your face in your avatar, are you a part time axe murderer?

Ahh, that! I have to put bread on the table and buy fishing gear, and to do that I have to work and represent a few public and private entities, so been anonymous online is better, so what I say don't come back and bite me in the proverbial backside in years to come, and seriously, you have to move with the time, who uses axe nowadays when a chainsaw is so much more efficient and less taxing.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

I need to cross Spanish and spotted Mack's off the list now so I'm keen
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

You bastard Crunchy. I had to have a look after your post and now I am gonna have nightmares.

And then I read the chainsaw thing!

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    You bastard Crunchy. I had to have a look after your post and now I am gonna have nightmares.

come on guys

He looks more like Ronald Mcdonal with a little snapper.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Because you asked for it, I'm happy to put some up, I don't drink beer and never bought them, but some how they seem to regenerate and populate my fridge.

I feel bad for hijacking this thread. I will start new one when I have a god think after I come back from Sydney this week end
    Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Hijack? More like natural progression. Plenty of interest in this thread from a reasonably small group. Would be good if rosco came along or met up in the bay to straighten out all our misbehaving paravane
    Ahh, that! I have to put bread on the table and buy fishing gear, and to do that I have to work and represent a few public and private entities, so been anonymous online is better, so what I say don't come back and bite me in the proverbial backside in years to come, and seriously, you have to move with the time, who uses axe nowadays when a chainsaw is so much more efficient and less taxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post

So a psychopathic murderer lures you in with the promise of free beer and mackerel and you all fall for it. Oh well. It is a fishing site after all!