Thread: Noosaville Fishing

Noosaville Fishing

We'll be here at Noosaville and no fish, I have not even got a bite, I caught one Sand Crab that's it.
    I have fished the waters that look so fishy but there is nothing that I am becoming disillusion.
    I am using worms?
    Maybe there is a local out there that can give me some guidance where else to wet a line.

Ken

Re: Noosaville Fishing

When are you fishing Ken?

i would be up and fishing before first light, and similarly, fishing the dusk session and after dark, on the yabby banks as the tide floods in. Only need a foot or so of water in the evening and the whiting will be there.

Or, fish the edges of the banks where they drop off into the channel on a falling tide.

Worms should be good bait, best if live. But mix up the baits, get some yabbies tto.

Here's one little secret for you to try in the abovementioned kinds of spots.

At low tide during the day, find a yabby bank where the soldier crabs are. Catch 50 of the tiny baby ones, that are more black in colour than blue. About the size of a small pea. Keep the, in a cool spot with just 1mm of water in the bottom of the bucket, and whatever sand went in with them when you caught them.

4 or 5 threaded onto a long shank whiting hook, a 4-5ft long trace and a sinker big enough to hold bottom in the prevailing current. Cast out, and wait.

Big whiting cant resist. But you need to let them take the bait, wait till the rod bends over solidly before you hit them. If in a boat we lean the rod against the transom as flat an angle as we can, and wait for the tip to almost hit the water when the fish bites.

fiishing during the daylight hours will always be more challenging due to water traffic etc.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....