Thread: South coast new boat

South coast new boat

Hi all new to site but been reading forums for a while.
    I was a land based fisho for some years down Jervis all along the LBG ledges. Getting too lazy to lug in all the gear now. Its been a few years since Ive done it mainly soft plastics for flatties lately.
    Just got a new 1900 Tournament centre console and have a base down Sussex inlet.
    I was hoping to get a few GPS marks to try out from there or around Jervis bay to do possibly a bit of bottom bashing for Snapper to start. Will be trying again this weekend so will let you know how I go. I have a few off the net but assume theres better less publicised ones that some members may have.
    Hope to start giving something back after the first few outings.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Re: South coast new boat

I'd be interested to know how you go. I'd like to give that area a crack one day.

I heard of many tuna out wide from Jervis Bay, but they are way wide of where I could go.

Hi Raylamp
    Let you know when I get amongst them. Haven't ventured far yet. have seen plenty of dolphins, seals and a pod of whales.
    Saw your photo of minkota mount on bow rail. Did you do that because you didn't want to cut bow rail. How does it go?

That's exactly why I did it It looks a bit dodgy but it goes really well. Its still got the quick release bracket on it, and if I want to take the whole contraption off, I just undo 4 bolts.

I ventured out in Batemans Bay on Saturday and got amongst a few, a nice couple of mowies and something that bricked me. Sensational day weather wise. Saw some whales too.