Thread: Another river report

Another river report

Having a hard time dragging myself away from the river of late. Although the lure of another 80+ bay snap of which there seems to be a few of at the moment is sounding pretty good. Pretty sure those beasts are in the river aswell but they fight like jacks in there and are no chance on the lighter gear needed to tempt them.
    Anyway had another quick trip for 1.5hrs this morning for the things in the photos, my smallest threaddy at 65cm. Jew went 85. Ben
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130716-00879.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	94718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130714-00874.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	94719  

Re: Another river report

great work mate, where did you get the snappers? I've been trying around the port, graincorp wharf with plastics with no luck sadly as of yet but I'm thinking of heading to the tip of the rock wall? any suggestions would be great thanks ?

Your on fire Ben ! nice catch mate.

Thanks for another great report with some nice fish. Well done.

Blog Entries

Good stuff Ben you are really smashing them at the moment! If you are catching fish why change it up?

Ta guys, lochyB I've fished the river for a while now and am starting to suss it out a bit (takes a while) but mixing it up with various lures and stages of the tide is definitely advantageous. Can't give exact locations and tides stages as i'm sure you understand it's taken a while to work it out for myself. Ben

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Nice mixed bag their BLOOEY

pretty impressive mate! keep the reports comin
    Dean
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Where is Chief. He would normally comment on river reports. Blooey good report mate.
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Good work Benno, nice mixed bag !!