Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ausfish unofficial catch fish from lures made from sh*t left laying around comp.

Re: Ausfish unofficial catch fish from lures made from sh*t left laying around comp.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    Hey MT, what sort of improvised fishing lure could you produce with an SG shell?
    (Apart from reloading it and....)
    I'm pretty sure I've got a nice red one there (unloaded) that's all plastic that would make a perfect pusher style lure - I'll dig it out tomorrow and have a look if I can drill out the primer holes to fit a some hooks to it

Re: Ausfish unofficial catch fish from lures made from sh*t left laying around comp.

Here's a photo of a Spanyid caught on a large split pin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Richo1; 15-07-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: add photo

Murf had a soft plastic he borrowed off his missus once ........................has he still got it
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

OMG......!
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    anyone made a banana popper or slider yet??
    I carved a popper out of a large carrot up on Fraser Island a couple of times. Haven't caught anything but got one bite taken out of one.

On a previous trip many years ago the lads got bored and a little drunk so made some fancy flies with ciggy butts. We called them "Nicoteasers". Some pike at wathumba acquired a taste for them....

Nick from Hook, Line and Sinker used a battery terminal and tied on some hair he cut off the tail of his dog to land a nice SBT a couple of seasons back. If I remember correctly he called it the tuna slayer with dog.

J

Attachment 94813Here is an oldie that should fit in fine with this thread.
    The 4mm Stainless Steel Chain can be cut to your choice of length.
    Add your choice of hook and swivel and it is ready to go.
    IT tracks beautifully, seems to hold water at speeds which make other lures skip.
    Add some sunshine and it reflects, looking really good.
    So it makes a really cheap hi speed lure.
    I tried to take a photo of this one moving in my pool, but I cant get the sun in the right spot and my wife will not go in the pool today to operate the camera. So I will take a pic of this improvised lure in action next trip out.
    Pauly
    Attachment 94812
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

My gandpa used to make a lure out of a drinking straw, all i remember is he would take a normal rig (hook tied to a line) and slide a straw which was diagonally cut at both ends over the top, he used to do something else which would make the water cavitate and release bubbles as the lure is trolled but i was very young when he used to do it so i dont remember! This would be followed by a swivel 30 cm above the lure and then a sinker, caught heaps of small pelagics using this method!

Pic didn't work mate but great idea.

Attachment 94813Here is an oldie that should fit in fine with this thread.
    The 4mm Stainless Steel Chain can be cut to your choice of length.
    Add your choice of hook and swivel and it is ready to go.
    IT tracks beautifully, seems to hold water at speeds which make other lures skip.
    Add some sunshine and it reflects, looking really good.
    So it makes a really cheap hi speed lure.
    I tried to take a photo of this one moving in my pool, but I cant get the sun in the right spot and my wife will not go in the pool today to operate the camera. So I will take a pic of this improvised lure in action next trip out.
    Pauly
    Attachment 94812

Pic did not work?
    So if you click on the attachment link it wont work?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yep, doesn't work.

Pic did not work?
    So if you click on the attachment link it wont work?

A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Blonde moment I guess...
    Attachment 94820
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Still no dice Fat buoy.