Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish unofficial catch fish from lures made from sh*t left laying around comp.

Re: Ausfish unofficial catch fish from lures made from sh*t left laying around comp.

Great stuff Nicko.

Have done similar with cutlery from St Vinnines & the Salvos shops. It gives a new meaning to trolling a spoon lure. The older (heavier) cutlery is best. Drill a hole in either end & put a split ring in each, one for a treble & one to tie off to your mainline. Knives are good for jigging too. Give the blade a bit of a 1/8 to 1/4 twist in a vice for a bit of action in the water.

Many moons ago in karumba we used a gang of 3 hooks with a bunch of beer can lids twisted around for some flash, with a sinker above the hooks for some weight & caught queenie after queenie one afternoon.
    I'm right 98% of the time - who cares about the other 3%

Re: Ausfish unofficial catch fish from lures made from sh*t left laying around comp.

I guess what it amounts to is (regardless of what some boofhead on a TV show says) fish will take anything at some time or another, whether that "something" is a spanner, or a shiny chrome lure, it all equates to the same thing, it flashed in front of a hungry fish, and it ate it. Lures have been made for centuries from feathers, bits of twine frayed to form a fish like replica, pieces of red or white cloth, it is hardly new to catch fish on a "something" that is home made from odds and ends.

no but it's fun.. and does make you think if most lures catch more fishermen (and women) than fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I guess what it amounts to is (regardless of what some boofhead on a TV show says) fish will take anything at some time or another, whether that "something" is a spanner, or a shiny chrome lure, it all equates to the same thing, it flashed in front of a hungry fish, and it ate it. Lures have been made for centuries from feathers, bits of twine frayed to form a fish like replica, pieces of red or white cloth, it is hardly new to catch fish on a "something" that is home made from odds and ends.

Don't believe anyone said it was new Noelm. Don't try and put a downer on the thread and show us something you've made and tried!

Oh PLEASE , is this the best we can do?
    Are we copy cats or innovators?
    Please keep some ideas and photos coming in, to support a great idea for a thread, and potentially a very interesting read.
    Pauly
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Just catch the fish using bait and stick your lure it its gob for the photo ....... I heard somewhere it works!

Cheers,
    Jim

From bad to worse, Boat Hog.
    Sorry but as often as we all think that happens, it is not the purpose of this thread. Try again PLEASE
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Just catch the fish using bait and stick your lure it its gob for the photo ....... I heard somewhere it works!

Cheers,
    The perfect plan, as long as no-one blabs about it......

Cheers,

Sounds like something Count Dracula would do....................

Hey MT, what sort of improvised fishing lure could you produce with an SG shell?
    (Apart from reloading it and....)
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Cheers,
    You would need to be well dressed for a photo like that. Maybe an expensive shirt?

I mean not suggesting that one would assume such an object would be laying around your camp, but being a contemporarily relevant question....
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    From bad to worse, Boat Hog.
    Sorry but as often as we all think that happens, it is not the purpose of this thread. Try again PLEASE
    Just wishing to clarify my reply to You, Boat Hog...
    "Sorry but as often as we think that happens" is directed at all the photos and video of caught fish, with lures hanging out of or stuffed into their gobs.
    I did not mean or refer to a downward trend in our posts. (All jokes aside)
    But in any case a suggestion from you re this lure creation topic would be a bonus !
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

my 11 y.o. daughter caught 2 barra on empty hooks last year at the barra farm in Townsville...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

anyone made a banana popper or slider yet??
    Jack.