Thread: hey, that's not a snapper

hey, that's not a snapper

hi all.

finished work at lunchtime yesterday and was hanging for a fish. seemed a bit breezier than forecast but decided to go anyways. headed to mud and did a couple of plastics drifts for nought before heading for the western side and setting up camp. kicked back with a couple of cuttlefish baits out back with pea size sinkers. about 7pm and a little ratchet noise disturbed my scrabble game. wasn't the screaming alarm I usually associate with a snapper so I readied myself for a vermin battle. wasn't much of a battle at all really until it got close and I figured it was a shark. when I had it boatside I saw it was a big catty and was about to cut it off when I had a good look and realised it was a jew. don't know how many times I have had a catty look like a jew in the dark but this was the first time it was the other way round. quite chuffed and almost turned around to go home for a comfy sleep but decided to do the night. probably should have gone home as the cuttle I rebaited was still on the hook in the morning. I did get a good nights sleep anyways despite the wind kicking in and the showers around. I was glad I set up the tent. only managed a grinner on plastics for the mornings effort and packed it in early.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83cm jew.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	94657
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Re: hey, that's not a snapper

geeze daveo you might have to change your address to mud island!

Aren't you supposed to be working or something
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Good onya netty, how am I ever going to catch up to ya !

tim: if you left a message in a bottle out there any other time of year there would be a fair to middling chance i'd get it. this time of year would be total fluke.

neil: maaate, working my butt off atm. 1st booking yesterday was 7.15am. tomorrow I have 32 appointments booked from 8.30 till 5.00 and I will be lucky if I have time to scratch myself. the following 3 days will be 40 per day as I am working till 7pm. I will NOT be an early arrival for sth straddie m&g either.

jj: sorry mate, didn't realise there was a race on... maybe you will catch up with a truckload at 1770.

Nice work Dave, better to see that than a catty. Good stuff mate, will send through my group certs soon. cheers - tight lines.

Does that make you back in the weekend warrior status now the returns are coming in?

So dave it was how big?, you forgot to say, and well done..

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    So dave it was how big?, you forgot to say, and well done..
    sorry, went 83. pic i took on brag mat didn't work and i didn't feel like more cleaning...

mossy - you know i am now a weekend warrior shit stirrer. keep it up and you'll get a tax bill this year

Nice Jew Dave. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post

jj: sorry mate, didn't realise there was a race on... maybe you will catch up with a truckload at 1770.

Not a chance Netty unless you give me a few dozen marks. I'm only going for the fun of it.

Nice work Dave must be good to get something different every now and then. Well done mate.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....