Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Ric's 7.5m Plate Alloy Cat Build

Re: Ric's 7.5m Plate Alloy Cat Build

Hi Lovey80

I managed 260L per tank.

We recently did 3 nights/4 days fishing off Breaksea spit with 3 on board and I took an extra 200L in a fuel bladder on the back deck as a safety margin - it was my first trip to that area. Doing the same length trip off 1770, i wouldn't bother with the additional fuel.

There is some video footage from our trip up there of a baby black marlin thrashing about the deck on top of the full fuel bladder... interesting few minutes that was!!! The marlin was quickly dispatched into the deep freezer, two days later it was nicely frozen

Ric

Hadn't seen this thread before and read it from start to end the other night, wish I hadn't as had fitful dreams all night about welding! Ususally I dream about more enjoyable things. Having had an opportunity for a short ride in Ric's cat on a rather lumpy day all I can say is the the ride is simply WOW! I remember we came alongside a big Haines, gave them a quick "hello" put the hammer down and zoomed off leaving them for dead, spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by ric View Post
    Hi Lovey80

I managed 260L per tank.

We recently did 3 nights/4 days fishing off Breaksea spit with 3 on board and I took an extra 200L in a fuel bladder on the back deck as a safety margin - it was my first trip to that area. Doing the same length trip off 1770, i wouldn't bother with the additional fuel.

There is some video footage from our trip up there of a baby black marlin thrashing about the deck on top of the full fuel bladder... interesting few minutes that was!!! The marlin was quickly dispatched into the deep freezer, two days later it was nicely frozen

Ric
    Thanks Ric, and thanks for taking the time to update us on what was an epic build. Now that you have had her out a bit is there anything you wished you had done differently or changed with the layout?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.