Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Bait Grounds

Gold Coast Bait Grounds

Hey all. Wouldn't mind trying a few livies next time im out off the gold coast.... Just wondering if anyone has a rough mark of where to start looking. And what technique is everyone using when fishing their livies in about 40m?

Cheers

Re: Gold Coast Bait Grounds

Livies - heap of marks (12fath), google/search on here...you will see the charter boats etc out there....sound around for bait balls...use a bait jig and you should get some no probs

TimBOO, you have two wrecks either side of the seaway in close. One is the scottish prince near the sand pumping jetty, and the other is on the left side. I'll PM you GPs marks tonight if you are interested? But any GPS map should show you the wrecks to look for...

Head out through the seaway and head SE till you see all the boats thats the bait grounds S27 57 117 E153 27 011

Any heading from 90- 135 degrees from the seaway will run u over a ship load of bait fish. watch your sounder and u will find em from 15-20meters to 50metres. But most of the slimies are in 30m+ and are better than yakkas if you can find them.
    I like fishing them on 2 5/0 J hooks snelled, with the smallest sinker u can get away with, and have them sitting 5 metres off the bottom in a berly trail. I always pin the first livey and send him straight back into the bait school, while i jig up enough bait for the trip.

Thats right^^^^^^^ the scottish prince is ages away down to the south.. the other wreck to the north is a little way to in comparison to the bait reef slightly to the south of the sandpumping jetty and in 18/20m of water, you cant miss it as early there will be 20 plus boats jigging bait on it every weekend. there has been yakkas, slimies and even big pilchards on it lately.. i got 20 baits the other day in about 5 minutes..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

27 56.576 S
    153 26.671 E.

thereya go its no secret
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    TimBOO, you have two wrecks either side of the seaway in close. One is the scottish prince near the sand pumping jetty, and the other is on the left side. I'll PM you GPs marks tonight if you are interested? But any GPS map should show you the wrecks to look for...
    Yes please. Your a legend...

And thanks too all. Ill give them a go next time I head out...

Quote Originally Posted by TimBOO View Post
    Yes please. Your a legend...
    27 55.192S 153 26.188E it's in about 12mtrs of water, there is a wreck mark on gold navonics cards at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    27 55.192S 153 26.188E it's in about 12mtrs of water, there is a wreck mark on gold navonics cards at least.

G'day Julian, are you related to Paul DeMarchi by any chance?

Bondy

Nope mate.

The scottish prince is pretty good for bait. I found all the marks on the net were north of the hull.
    If you have any issues pm me and ill get the mark I got for the hull. I got a little black at this reef in summer. Guys spinning for bonito thought I was crazy live baiting bonito and tailor. When I had a marlin jumping all over the place they didn't think it was so silly. 7 ms now that's inshore marlin ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Scottport View Post
    The scottish prince is pretty good for bait. I found all the marks on the net were north of the hull.
    If you have any issues pm me and ill get the mark I got for the hull. I got a little black at this reef in summer. Guys spinning for bonito thought I was crazy live baiting bonito and tailor. When I had a marlin jumping all over the place they didn't think it was so silly. 7 ms now that's inshore marlin ha ha

Unheard of, but always a first time.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    G'day Julian, are you related to Paul DeMarchi by any chance?

Bondy
    What about Suze????