anywhere on Brisbane northside that sell this please

thanks for replies

Re: replacement crab pot netting

Mate
    http://www.atsnetsropes.com.au/index.php/about-us.htm

I think they were $12 a meter x 4

crabngear at clontarf
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Who wears the nets out before the frames?
    What are you really making?
    Pauly
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Maybe someone has slashed the pots. Very common in the Rainbow Beach area

thanks for the replies.

I've had a few pots sitting out in the sun for a few years and the mesh is all rotten but the frames, floats and everything else is fine. thought i'd see what the difference in cost between repairing these and buying some new ones would be. any idea on the length i'd need per pot?

i've been putting off crabbing for 12 months because i reckon if i caught someone raiding them i might get into a spot of trouble with mr. plod. but with the few recent reports i reckon maybe i'll fix them up and see how i go.

other than fish frames what do people use for bait? i think i've heard of chicken frames or tins of cat food with holes punched in them. any other suggestions?

Pixie

It's cheaper to buy new pots. Not worth the effort and time.

yeah what tim said.
    mate if you are chasing muddies, mix some reef or mullet frames with chicken frames in the bait bag. The cat food tins do work good too
    For sandies, use whiting or any fish frame, i dont think they are as partial to the chicken as the muddies are.
    The key is, no matter what you use, it must be fresh, not stinking or rotting, so if you are soaking for more than a day, change the bait to fresh stuff.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.