Thread: Carp Busting at Warwick

Question Carp Busting at Warwick

few weeks from now im heading to warwick either day trip or overnight i wanna go catch a few carp i need a few places to go also just use corn or try a few lures too or a different bait ? anyone got a few tips
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-07-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: correction to topic spelling.

Re: carp bustin warwik

They will take corn or worms

Re: Carp Busting at Warwick

mate anywhere in the Condamine river theres carp

is it worth taking the kayak and goin for a paddle

yer mate I don't see why not I got 3 Saturday morning when I was targeting yellowbelly

never actually caught a yellow belly lol. wat baits did u use

yella's love crayfish or shrimp mate, even just garden worms

lol since i posted this i lost my yellowbelly virginity targetting bass in bris river :-)

@ Nathank92

I caught those pesky carp on garden worms when targetting silver perch and yellowbelly. I was using a float rig, rig was closer to the bank near weeds.

I tried spinnerbaits, 3 different types, never had any success on spinner baits.

I was at Nobby Creek, on the way to Warwick. Nobby creek runs through farming land, there's a small section of public land but blink and you miss it.

Try the picnic area at Leslie Dam. Last time I was there you could have walked across the water the carp were that thick. Good luck on culling a few.

Cheers Andrew

@ Andrew M

I could do with fresh fertiliser for my garden, What's the bank like at the picinic area at Leslie Dam? Is it steep drop, flat at the edge or shallow angle drop?

Cheers, Bondy

From memory Bondy, I think there was a bit of a drop into the water. I remember looking down onto the school of fish from the bank.

Cheers Andrew

Thanks for that info Andrew, I'll have to invest in a landing net with a long pole or make a long pole. Carp can fight hard, especially using light line.

Cheers, Bondy