Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snapper

Re: Snapper

good work mate we don't use heavy gear off moreton any more catch a lot more fish using lighter gear not as light as u were using, all ways take both as the plastics generally always out do the bait but there have been a couple were the bait was working better.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    good work mate we don't use heavy gear off moreton any more catch a lot more fish using lighter gear not as light as u were using, all ways take both as the plastics generally always out do the bait but there have been a couple were the bait was working better.
    Yeah thats for sure. I am not a fanatic plastics fella, will use bait as well. I beleive you keep trying all your tricks util something works. I am sold on loghter the better though

Plastics go well the snapper cant resist them plus they just hit and run! yeah I use 20 pound braid and a 5 - 8 kg rod use it out at deep tempest a lot haven't been game to go down to 10 cause of the ambos that u get out wide. if I go any lighter I wouldn't be able to turn them at all have struggled a few times trying to turn them to come up. but 10 pound on the shallow reefs would be great fun
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Hate the wobbeys!
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic_0706_003.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	94540  

Well done Funchy,

If your mates won't take you out give me a buzz and I will take you out there and you can show me a trick or two on those plastics for snapper

Assume you were drifting.

Suspect technique it is much the same as about mud - but you got some good results there.

I wonder how floaters and jigs would have gone down a burley trail of wheat and minced pillies

Carnster - I just have the biggest grin imagining you with one of those suckers on the ski There would only be one on the ski I reckon.

Well done Funchy - have to admit 20lb is my lower limit offshore and with braid it is fine enough thread.
    Cheers

Trev