Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snapper

Blog Entries

Snapper

Headed out off Mooloolabah at 5am with a couple of mates. Felt a bit under gunned as I brought along my 2-5 kg Daiwa rod coupled with a 2500 Symeter with 10lb braid on it and another light combo, while my mates had big arse rods and reels with 50lb - 80 lb line. I was flicking Zman 4 inch curls tails and they had pillies and flesh baits. Turns out the Zman out did the bait in the snapper dept but not the wobbygong dept (The one in the pic was huuuuuge. Anyway, ended up one of my mates couldnt take it any moreand grabbed hold of my spare combo after getting sick of me hooking up and started to join in the action!! Anyway, had a ball, lots of laffs, talking sh!t, got my PB snapper and took home a feed so pretty chuffed.

Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3plf.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	94447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3bwg.jpg 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	94448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3NPB.jpg 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	94449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3snaps.jpg 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	94446

Re: Snapper

Love to hear plastics triumph over bait - it does happen! Well done Funchy. Can't quite make out the jighead used on the redthroat but looks like a darter, what weight?

Scalem

Blog Entries

Yeah Scalem, was a 1/4oz darter mate. I was really surprised how well the plastic did over the bait. If old mate hadnt grabbed my other SP combo I would have been the only one on the board. They are both now convinced to always pack a SP combo for every trip now

way to go m8. it's a right treat showing those dyed in the wool bait fisho's how to catch a snap or 2. shame you got beaten on the wobbys tho. personally, I've caught more vermin in the last week on bait than in 4 years of fishing plastics. congrats on the pb too.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Top shelf snap there Funchy well done on the pb. The light gear triumphs.

Cheers
    Darren
    Good things come to those who bait

Great, now the flathead king is catching snapper as well!!

Careful Dave, you might have some competition if he catches snapper like he does flathead.

Tony

Blog Entries

Thanks fellas, still got a grin from ear to ear!

That is fantastic Funchy. Nice PB. We landed PB on the same day: a 6' 4" son in law !

Going to be up your way with the boat this week if you are up for a fish (we haven't fished for about 6 months !)

Chas & Clarry

Nice one, 2500 Symeter is a great reel have two now on my dedicated snapper rigs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richo1 View Post
    Nice one, 2500 Symeter is a great reel have two now on my dedicated snapper rigs
    Yeah Richo I find em pretty good. I have a fewe 2500 reels. The my Stradic too but is in for a service at the moment.

Alot of fun getting good fish on the light stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    That is fantastic Funchy. Nice PB. We landed PB on the same day: a 6' 4" son in law !

Going to be up your way with the boat this week if you are up for a fish (we haven't fished for about 6 months !)

Chas & Clarry
    Congrats on the SIL guys!!! Lets hope he proves to be a PB :p

You have my mobile still? If so give me a tingle when you know when you are going to be up. Looks like Sunday is best day for me

Well done Funchy,that Snapper is worth twice the fun in the size stakes getting it on light gear. What depth were fishing you to get a light jig down ? or were they mid water ?

Blog Entries

I was using 1/4 oz in 15 mtrs and gave plenty of time to sink. Used about 5/8th Oz in 22 mtrs. Got em all close to bottom. Bluddy fun. Cant wait to try again if my mates will let me come again

Good stuff Luke.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.