Thread: New to Redcliffe

New to Redcliffe

Hey all just moved to redcliffe from toowoomba. Most of my fishing has been done in freshwater focused on bass. Looking to make friends down here and learn about bream and other species. I have a small fibreglass boat and would greatly appreciate if someone could show me around
    Cheers Hayden

Re: New to Redcliffe

Welcome to the forum. Lots to explore out of redcliffe, the bay right on the doorstep, the passage to the north. What size is your boat ? Any size boat will get you out off redcliffe on good days.

welcome haydos, good choice moving to reddy!
    there is good fishing right the way along the peninsula
    browse the saltwater reports section for heaps of good info on the area including scarborough snapper and bream fishing.
    Be careful when heading out first few trips as there are a lot of shallow reefs between woody pt and scarborough
    Dean
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Thanks guys I have a 3.9 fiberglass boat with a 25 Johnson outboard and a 54 lb electric motor . Could I possibly go out with someone on their boat and get an idea ot where to go and fishing in salt water haha

Awesome and welcome. i have only been here in Redcliffe for two years and am still exploring but i'm always trying in spots around redcliffe's reefs. i find you can always get a feed from Redcliffe and you dont have to travel far.