Thread: Brissy schoolies

Brissy schoolies

Found some of these today in the river amongst the millions of boats. 8lb braid and 14lb leader is a far better combo for them. Got one 5mm under also oh and a thready. Ben
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130706-00863.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	94417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130706-00861.jpg 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	94418  

Re: Brissy schoolies

Awesome mate well done for fishing light!

Just finishing a few fresh jewie fillets myself but I'm still fired up seeing those on the deck!

Got one just like that out the front today. You and your deckie will enjoy some nice fillets off those boys! Well done

Nice catch Ben . What lures did they hit?
    Cheers Marty.

Unfortunately the deckie didn't pull his weight today lump (although his netting was spot on) so I caught him the thready and a jew. Small vibes again marty. Ben

Nice Ben , Great little bag of Jew , I'd be happy with them off the beach

Nice fish Ben. Mate do you use singles or trebles on your blades? What size blades are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers Cody

Thanks guys. I'm happy with them from anywhere childers and they put up a much better fight on the light gear I can use from the boat. In saying that though there is nothing like seeing them in a shorebreak before they wash up on a clean sandy beach. Using trebles Cody so gotta take it easy on them any vibes seem to work it's just a matter of putting it right in front of them but smaller 1/4 and even 1/8th seem to be pretty good.
    Took a mate out today and he busted his thready virginity in style with 2 at 95cm on 8lb and we ended up getting 3 with a just under jew thrown in. Ben

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Well done BLOOEY

Well done Ben.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Here are the threaddys . Had to attach a release weight to the jew to get him back down again and the threaddys were absolutely buggered. Ben
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130707-00869.jpg 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	94497