Thread: Latest Custom rod

Latest Custom rod

Red Dragon Scale with Blue and Gold Chevron over the top. I still have to finish with more Epoxy so it's not the smoothest of finishes yet. A great rod for a TLD 15, Charter Special, Penn Squall, Saltist etc. for Chasing Mackerel with 20lb mono.
    This one is up for grabs actually as I just felt like trying this pattern on a blank I have. Fuji Trigger seat with Fuji graphite Gimbal. Not my best effort this one but it came out ok in the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Latest Custom rod

Nice work mate, I love the vibrant red

Good job mate.
    Wouldn't complain.

Clean sharp work mate , love the colours

Cheers
    Pedro

Looks great!
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Sweet Build.....what colour red is that .?

Thanks guys. The red is Prowrap Metallic red. I used size D metallic under and it was very easy. The hard bit was the pattern over the top.
    Do you guys smooth it out with a few coats of Epoxy first? Once I hit a ridge line the threads rolled off and wouldn't stay together. Was a pain to get them sorted.

Really nice job all round.
    I had the same problem with my first in this style. After that one I laid down a coat or two of finish just to smooth it out and make it easier. The thread lays heaps better this way and makes it easier to pack.

Thanks guys. This is why we need a rod building weekend in the far North!
    I also found an easier way to do an outer trim while keeping the main under thread on the tensioner with this build. Pretty obvious really so I'm kinda kicking myself I never thought of it earlier.