Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

Re: South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

Personally Marty after sleeping 80k's offshore enough time there is nothing I require. I'll be doing the boat sleep (coz I'm too friggin lazy to bring camping gear), food and drinkies I can go with whatever and as for a loo..........well, I've got a decent anchor well.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be a great get together, let's face it.............when has a M&G ever been about the location?

Happy to go with majority. Will be sleeping on the boat cause that's how I roll. Eh Muddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Happy to go with majority. Will be sleeping on the boat cause that's how I roll. Eh Muddy!!!
    As long as you stay up till 5am you will be fine...

Tipplers is a good spot, we try to go there once every 6 weeks. There if food and drinks available in the new restaurant. They are putting a new deck in this weekend and the ship shop comes around with ice, bait etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Personally Marty after sleeping 80k's offshore enough time there is nothing I require. I'll be doing the boat sleep (coz I'm too friggin lazy to bring camping gear), food and drinkies I can go with whatever and as for a loo..........well, I've got a decent anchor well.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be a great get together, let's face it.............when has a M&G ever been about the location?
    Now thats what I call making a plan,just dont use the anchor!!!!
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

I won't be overnighting so it makes no difference to me where you choose, but there is also the lagoon at the top end of straddy if you don't need toilets and showers.

horizon shores would be my pick for anyone coming down from brissy

g
    S***fish & chippy

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    ......well, I've got a decent anchor well.
    On a Yank boat? I'd like to see that!

Marty, we'll be on the boat for this one. Happy to chip in and book a campsite if we need too - to secure some waterside land for BBQ space etc

Cheers,
    Jim

Have you worked out anything yet Marty?

Right.......

I went to Tipplers on the weekend and found a place that would suit just fine!!! There are toilets and BBQ's and would be great for a place to meet and get on it. There is plenty of space to camp but I am still working out who to book that with. My guess is that I will turn up around 9am at South Straddy and set up a blue shade to sit under should it rain or if not at least a place to sit. I will either sleep on my boat or in a tent. There are lots of places to explore Saturday and we can choose a radio channel or my mobile as a form of contact. I will get the finer details worked out in a week.

So far the latest info

Venue: South Straddy Tipplers Camping Ground

Access: Jacobs well or safer at Horizon Shores...it costs from here but is safe for car and trailer. It is not a long run from there (about 15 minutes and suitable for all craft.

Camping/Anchorage: The camping is on sandy grass. The anchoring is also sandy/muddy with a deep front anchor and recommend to take a stern anchor for the beach to keep boat straight and accessible at all times.

What to bring: I will bring a large 6mx3m Gazebo and will have a yellow Ausfish Banner on the side. You are more than welcome to swag under the shade or bring tents or sleep in boats. I will look into the camping costs and will post them soon. Bring all your grog and food but BBQ's will be provided, there are toilets onsite.

More info here:
    http://mystraddie.com.au/visiting-so...raddie/camping

http://www.caravancampingnetwork.com...mpgrounds.html

http://horizonshores.com.au/faciliti...-boat-storage/

Cheers
    Marty

0407 261 111
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty
    will not be able to make this, will be in Manly [NSW] for a mates 50th , Christ I hope we win on Wednesday night otherwise I will cop heaps, that area around Tipplers is a good spot you guys should be able to party hard all night there ,, ENJOY

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Right.......

I went to Tipplers on the weekend and found a place that would suit just fine!!! There are toilets and BBQ's and would be great for a place to meet and get on it. There is plenty of space to camp but I am still working out who to book that with. My guess is that I will turn up around 9am at South Straddy and set up a blue shade to sit under should it rain or if not at least a place to sit. I will either sleep on my boat or in a tent. There are lots of places to explore Saturday and we can choose a radio channel or my mobile as a form of contact. I will get the finer details worked out in a week.

So far the latest info

Venue: South Straddy Tipplers Camping Ground

Access: Jacobs well or safer at Horizon Shores...it costs from here but is safe for car and trailer. It is not a long run from there (about 15 minutes and suitable for all craft.

Camping/Anchorage: The camping is on sandy grass. The anchoring is also sandy/muddy with a deep front anchor and recommend to take a stern anchor for the beach to keep boat straight and accessible at all times.

What to bring: I will bring a large 6mx3m Gazebo and will have a yellow Ausfish Banner on the side. You are more than welcome to swag under the shade or bring tents or sleep in boats. I will look into the camping costs and will post them soon. Bring all your grog and food but BBQ's will be provided, there are toilets onsite.

More info here:
    http://mystraddie.com.au/visiting-so...raddie/camping

http://www.caravancampingnetwork.com...mpgrounds.html

http://horizonshores.com.au/faciliti...-boat-storage/

Cheers
    Marty

0407 261 111
    Great idea Marty. An excerpt from the above link gives details of who to call mate.

It is essential to book your camping site at Tipplers Campground before you get to the island. Call us for more information and bookings on (07) 5577 2849, or send an email to tipplers@gctp.com.au. It is essential that you receive an official Gold Coast City Council receipt from the Campground Manager in return for cash payments. Credit card payments are accepted by phone on (07) 5577 2849.

looks complicated. think i'll just pitch boat tent and try to catch a fish while I sleep off the piss up.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

What the lump just said and I said days ago "It is essential to book your South Stradbroke Island camping site before you get to the island. "

Sweet plan is in action! Hopefully I have my trailer sorted by then!

If you like i can ring the rangers and let them know we are on the way??? Its council run and i know the rangers very well.