Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

Re: South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

I am happy to fish either before or first thing the next morning?
    Living the dream, Barry

Has a venue been decided yet?

I am 100% there! 98.7% there in the haines! 1.3% there in the tinny!

Hi Marty,
    I'm keen,may come along with my two lads.Where is the best place to launch from to get to this location?
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

If conditions are magic will make a family picnic of it with wife and son on Saturday.

What time people showing up and where abouts on the island?

Was thinking the launch ramp end of GC highway
    Cheers

Trev

Trevelly

Is that the ramp at the old Grand Hotel, where would the safest ramp be to leave the car overnight?. I suppose that one is lit up and not isolated.

Rudy's at Jacobs would be a good place mate. It's only $10 a night there.

If your leaving from the coast I would leave from the spit or The Grand, if your leaving from Brisbane I would leave from Horizon Shores or next door at Rudi Maa's both are $10, I would choose Horizon as that is where my boat is...

I will try and put some more info up tonight.

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

tide times

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/oceano...edications.cgi

Hight tide- 1pm 2.05m
    Low- 7pm 0.55m

Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    Trevelly
    Is that the ramp at the old Grand Hotel, where would the safest ramp be to leave the car overnight?. I suppose that one is lit up and not isolated.
    Yep yep - straight across the rod.

Not a big carpark but in mid Winter should be okay and the pontoon is civilised for the family if the place isn't crowded.

We aren't doing an overnighter - but last time there I would say a number of trailers were overnighters including a camping unit in the carpark - but others would know better than me what is safe I am Northside of Brissy
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    but others would know better than me what is safe I am Northside of Brissy
    Its the gold coast, you'll be lucky not to get stabbed whilst launching your boat, nevermind the trailer!

Instead of trying to describe a location I reckon most of us would benefit more from a set of coordinates Marty.

roger that.. Can I get some feedback please....

I know that some would prefer full comfort but I think we can benefit from a night out under the stars in our pride and joys!
    Please choose one your would prefer

1)The bedrooms.....toilets available, shallow yet safe anchorage with toilets, very safe, no current....fire rings and fire available
    2)Tipplers, café there, safe anchorage, no current and great areas to set up tents if you want to get off the boat or swags, café is licensed...no fires
    3)Couran Point, sleep on boat at marina, drinks at bar with food but no toilets near jetty, BUT I may let you use my toilet.....maybe...would need to pass strict test....no fires
    4)Wavebreak Island....no toilets, deep water anchorage....close to seaway..

Send me your thoughts guys as I have a lot of options on where to go...
    The area is a wilderness of nooks and crannies for an overnighter....just depends on you guys......I enjoy the challenge of providing a good event
    Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Hi Marty

According to the GCCC site the Bedrooms are closed

North Currigee has a nice bay where its possible to raft up out of the wind and current if desired.

Cheers
    Chimo

http://www.goldcoasttouristparks.com...adbroke-island

South Stradbroke Island Campgrounds

The South Stradbroke Island camping grounds are completely surrounded by native bushland, with white sand dunes facing the blue Pacific Ocean on the Eastern side of the Island and the magnificent Broadwater on the Western side.
    One of the best features of South Stradbroke Island is its lack of commercial development, and for this reason, visitors to the campgrounds need to bring all necessary supplies with them. This really is a camping trip to get away from it all!
    There are four camping grounds on South Stradbroke Island, including Bedrooms and Tipplers at the northern end of the Island, North Currigee and Currigee at the southern end. All campgrounds have toilets and showers.
    Tipplers Campground - Tipplers campground offers 4 huts, 3 of which sleep 4 people and 1 that sleeps 2 people. Camping sites at Tipplers vary in size, accommodating 90 to 110 tents in total. Tipplers Campgrounds offers campers access to electric BBQ’s and a children’s play area, as well as Tipplers Kiosk and Day Use Area.

Bedrooms Campground - NOW CLOSED
    Please note that The Bedrooms Campground is now closed, due to the ongoing encroachment of the dand dunes and the subsequent weather event in January 2013.
    South Currigee Campground - South Currigee campground offers 6 huts that sleep 4 people, 1 hut that sleeps 2 people and 1 self-contained cabin that sleeps 6 people. 60 campsites are also available that can each accommodate 1-2 average sized tents. Currigee Campgrounds offers campers access to electric BBQ’s as well as a children’s play area.
    North Currigee Campground - Located around an inlet ideal for mooring boats, North Currigee campground offers 20 smaller sized campsites that can each accommodate 1 average sized or 2 smaller tents.
    It is essential to book your South Stradbroke Island camping site before you get to the island.
    BOOK YOUR SOUTH STRADBOKE ISLAND CAMPSITE NOW

How To Get To South Stradbroke Island Campgrounds

There are several ways to get to South Stradbroke Island including boat hire or charter, ferry or water taxi. Gold Coast departure options include Runaway Bay Marina, Sanctuary Cove Marina and Marina Mirage at Main Beach.
    We will advise you which departure point and mode of transport is most suitable when you book your South Stradbroke Island campsite.
    Call us on (07) 5577 2849 for Tipplers or (07) 5577 3932 for Currigee to make your South Stradbroke Island Campsite booking or book online now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What could go wrong.......................

Tipplers is a nice spot, and it is $25 or so for a camp site for two people and $8 extra for each person, max of 2. They also have firepits. Bonus points as you then get the pin for the shower blocks. What could be an idea is to book a bunch of the beach campsites. They have firepits looking over the water. People could then anchor in the area right in front. The spots directly right to the jetty at Tipplers I think could be ideal.