Thread: New hobbie outfitter

New hobbie outfitter

I have had my hobie outback for 3 yrs which I bought from Mal at Sunstate Hobie and have had a trouble free experience . I have caught some great fish out of this yak but now that me and the wife have bought a windup caravan to tour around ( not so grey nomads) a new boat was a thought but it was going to be a pain and only having the outback the wife was stuck fishing from the shore . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372897502.049307.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372897521.435879.jpg . After running into Mal from Sunstate Hobie at the caravan and camping show he suggested an Outfitter would be a good option for us as the wife loves to fish with me ,and the outfitter is not much bigger than the outback. So a deal was struck and Mal gave me a great trade and the swap over cost was way less than buying another single and the outfitter is designed to fish single as well if needed so that suits both our needs ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372897915.185351.jpg, Mal delivered it to my door and fitted my sounder and rod holders so now all that is left is the test and I will report my findings as we travel around with it. I know the Hobie isn't everyone's cup of tea but we find them perfect as far as fishing smooth water and hold ther value well and now I will actually be able to go in reverse as well ??? So in finishing I'd like to thank Mal from Sunstate Hobie for the great service and great advice if you need a yak I can recommend them highly . On the water reports will follow with my caravan exploits ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372898465.221222.jpgthanks for reading the not so grey nomads... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: New hobbie outfitter

Bluefin, Looks great- many happy yaking hours to you both.

On ya Bluefin. Happy yak fishing to you both.

You can reverse but you need to flip one of the mirage drives around and use this in reverse to reverse.

I have a Hobie Oasis and I work it the same - front person has mirage drive in to propel us forward and the back person has them in reverse. So if a fish is pulling us into the bank I (the rear person) back us out.

Though having said this, most of the time both mirage drives are set for forward propulsion and if we are casting the banks etc. I just have the paddle resting on my lap and use this to manoeuvre us around or back/forwards.

Cheers,
    Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Thanks guys , I set it up last night and everything is ready to go so the first time I get to use it will be up at elliot heads next week end where we are going with the van for a week so hopefully I will have something to report ..Matt 😎😎😎😎😎

Ausfish Silver Member

Matt, looks great. I work near Sunstate Hobbie - occasionally popping in - dangerous practice- always walk out drooling . Good luck up Elliott Heads way.
    Cheers,

Lew

We hit elliot heads Sunday so I guess an afternoon trolling session to get use to the yak will be in order can't wait....Matt

So how did you go, Matt? The weather was glorious over the weekend.

Attached is a pic of the better-half in our 2013 Hobie Oasis. She's a fine craft (the yak that is).

Cheers,

Pete

Petes-Hobie-Oasis.jpg
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Didn't get out last weekend took the boat out for a run around the bay but next Sunday we hit Elliot heads for a week with the can and yak , can't wait😎😎😎😎Matt

Blog Entries

Top lookin unit , what sort of weight is involved in a set up like that ?

39 kg bare hull and 50kg fully rigged with both seats ,mirage drives, and paddles , we lift it on the racks on the car no problem . I have a slide out bar on my racks and put the front of the yak up there then go to the back and pick that up and flip it over too easy it's not a lot more than my outback .....Matt

Well we have had the hobbie out a couple of times and we have had a ball, the wife has got to get use to being so close to the water and things splashing around . We have caught a couple of flatties up the river and have found a couple of likely spots for other fish we are seeking😜😜😜😜but all round a great experience and just as easy to put on the car thanks Matt ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373932002.584300.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373932116.180634.jpg

Good to hear you are getting into a few, Matt.

Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================