Thread: Viking Profish 45

Viking Profish 45

I'm thinking of buying one of these. I can get a new one for $1295 including a paddle, seat and a set of soft roof racks.
    It seems like a good deal. I have never been on a kayak before.
    Thoughts on these as a beginners kayak?
    It will be used in close around Redcliffe chasing sanpper.
    Cheers Marty.

Re: Viking Profish 45

Perfect. The Profish was my first yak and I used it for everything including fishing the bay, chasing bream around marinas and canals, fishing the dams and also was a pretty competent performer surf launching and heading offshore, although was a bit of bugger coming back through but not a lot of fishing yaks surf well.

That's a pretty good price, chinese imports are obviously tightening the market. The standard paddle is crap and in time if you get serious you will invest in something better either glass or carbon and there are some very good aftermarket seats around too when the viking one dies.

I reckon you should just do it, you will be amazed how noisy it is fishing out of your tinny afterwards.....

23022010245.jpgI had one for 3 years was a very good kayak for a plastic.Had many good trips in it off Noosa, out to sun shine reef. Landed a 20kg Spanish on mine and had a few mods for fish hatch and sounder.Pros very stable paddles well.But is rather heavy at 28kg and you need to have a rudder, if you want to do the beach launch thing.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Go for it Marty, they are good yaks.

If you want to bypass the average models and go directly to the best fishing yak on the market look for a Stealth Profisha......prolly be my next yak.
    Jack.

I have one for sale at the moment .
    Used it around pine river and Redcliffe and even used it in the sandy straights off Hervey Bay.
    Its about 3 years old has few scratches and bit of rubber coming of the handles from loading on the car and just a couple of small
    drill holes on top of the lid on the front hatch where I had a extra rod holder .
    My family want to go paddling with me so I'm selling it to buy a canoe .
    I'm on the north side of Brisbane .Selling for $900 price negotiable .