Thread: help need rod recipe

help need rod recipe

hi guys can you help me the i am building is 1.85 lenth with a 10" fore grip i need spacing for roller guides it has a bent butt on it 80lb stick this is an order for a fellow can yo help me please as i lost all my paper work in a fire

Re: help need rod recipe

Why the need for spacings for us for? Just fasten them onto the blank and load it up. No one here knows what blank, where or how you have cut the blank, whats the action and so on.
    What guides, what sizes, how much power the blank has. When you get into this size class of rod you need to be sure of what your doing.
    1850mm is way to long for an 80lb stand up. Is that just the blank or measured with the bent butt fitted?
    Im not trying to be a smart arse here, just trying to help.

Stu

Stu is right Paul, you cant ask for guide spacing without providing essential info on the blank and fittings ( Taper, Diameter ect ect) and as for the length as Stu said way to long for 80lb stand up.

Cheers
    Pedro

Paul
    As Stu and Pedro have said there is no set recipe for any rod.
    Get your grips and real seat set up,put your reel on and,tape your guides on and go from there.
    If your still not sure there is probabbly someone close by that can help you out.

Cheers Dazza

Take a look at this stand up bent butt 80s. The rod against the grey wall has 18kg of drag over it. Gives an idea of the power and action this weapon has. The rod being fished is on the down stroke with a 450lb Blue on the end of the line.

37kgdrag18kg520.jpgInDeep Emanuel Precision 37kg.jpg

thanks guys no prob

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Why the need for spacings for us for? Just fasten them onto the blank and load it up. No one here knows what blank, where or how you have cut the blank, whats the action and so on.
    What guides, what sizes, how much power the blank has. When you get into this size class of rod you need to be sure of what your doing.
    1850mm is way to long for an 80lb stand up. Is that just the blank or measured with the bent butt fitted?

Stu
    hi stu its just a blank which is 1.85 all this was done by the bloke it is a bent butt it was all put together before i got it

Stu
    now what length should 80lb stick be as he wants me to build the with bent but plus how many guides : so i can tell him as he will get the parts for

Again, whats the blank, model number and weight designation? I could say 4ft but if its a bucket of puss then you may need to go shorter. You could use 5 guides or 4 guides, again it will depend on the length, the roller guides, they height of each roller guide. Im not trying to make this hard, but its hard to know what, how, were and why with no information.
    If you can at least provide the blank make and model then that would be a good start.

Again, whats the blank, model number and weight designation? I could say 4ft but if its a bucket of puss then you may need to go shorter. You could use 5 guides or 4 guides, again it will depend on the length, the roller guides, they height of each roller guide. Im not trying to make this hard, but its hard to know what, how, were and why with no information.
    If you can at least provide the blank make and model then that would be a good start.
    hi stu paul here see far as i know he is after blanks for chair work 80lb stick fuji rollers the numbers he has are #1 #2 #3 his father has just him charter boat for him as he starting a charter business that all

No such thing as Fuji rollers. Are you after advice on a chair rod 80 or stand up 80? Im confused now.
    If it was all put together before you got then how are you going to build it if its already built?

Take some photos of what you have. It would also help if can clearer on what this rod is going to be used for.
    I wouldnt be worried about a leather grip just yet either.