Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decision Made

Decision Made

Well I have made my decision as to which way to go as far as doing upgrades to my current boat or buying new goes all is will say is it will be sad to the the Whittley go but it was no economic to do the ugrades on it. I have signed up a new boat today....I have gone a New Surtees 6.1 Gamefisher with all the goodies I wanted for 6k more than what I was going to spend on my current boat. Downside is the boat is not made in OZ which I have had to swallow but has a great following in this country and in NZ. My New boat will be featured in the 2013 Trailer boat of the year competition and will be due for delivery in late July. Bill at Northside Marine has been great and has been more than accommodating my requests and needs and has worked with me closely to deliver what I have wanted in this rig and put up with me throughout the process annoying the shit out of him haha as he knows how fussy I am haha so he is under pressure as I have said if trailer boat bin it they own it lol. I have also chosen the name of the boat and the rego number which I am going to keep to myself until I take delivery of the boat. I will also be at this years boatshow as an ambassador for the dealer and the brand with my boat being on show.

Can't wait Bring it on thanks Northside marine and surtees I have asked if sheepskin seat covers come standard on this boat but was told sorry but all the wool was used the the flotation chambers haha can't wait to get my new fully sick trailer Boat bru .

Cheers Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Re: Decision Made

Looks awesome mate, nothing wrong with the surtees!

Nice rig mate, when i read what you wrote in that other post i freaked an thought you bought a USA boat, nothing wrong with boats from across the ditch, they do plate boats as good if not better than anywhere else,

Congratulations Mick, I'm sure the new boat will be a beauty!
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Nice boat - you won't have any regrets!
    Jim

Nice rig Mick, welcome to the alloy alliance.

Mick has she got tabs and what was wrong with your old boat mate?

[QUOTE=madmackrel;1489022]Mick has she got tabs and what was wrong with your old boat mate?[/QUOT

Yeah Perry I have added trim tabs to it. As for my old boat mate there was nothing wrong with it I have wanted a hardtop for a while now and could not afford a glass boat with one so I had to go with the alloy. I grew up in alloy boats but I liked the ride of the glass more so whatever I got had to be a happy medium between the two I will always love the whittleys and would recommend them to anyone and I will be sad to see mine go. Whoever buys it will get a great boat that is for sure.

Cheers Mick.

Hey Mick,
    Good decision - they are a great boat! - What motor are you going with?

Mark

Good decision Mick, welcome to Team Surtees!

Soon there will be enough of us here in SE that we might need to talk to Surtees about replicating the big Surtees Boats family fishing comp that they hold each year in the Bay of Plenty in NZ. Main rule = must fish from a Surtees boat.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Hey Mick,
    Good decision - they are a great boat! - What motor are you going with?

Mark
    It will have the 150 Yami on it Mark going to be a bit strange going to another brand as I come from a merc family my old man is not going to be impressed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Good decision Mick, welcome to Team Surtees!

Soon there will be enough of us here in SE that we might need to talk to Surtees about replicating the big Surtees Boats family fishing comp that they hold each year in the Bay of Plenty in NZ. Main rule = must fish from a Surtees boat.

Cheers

ML
    Thanks ML and thanks for you input mate was a hard decision but I am sure I made the right one would be up for a fishing comp for sure. There are currently 200 boats on order from dealers here in OZ so I am sure they will get a great following. Can't wait to get mine out on the water.

Nice rig there mick the whittley was a weapon and I am sure this next one will be just as nuts. I do love the look of those hard tops. Now just to wait until she hits the shed now. How exciting.
    Might have to head out on mine til you get the new one mate would be a tuff putt un the punt to mud, if I can get you away from scarby reef. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Nice rig there mick the whittley was a weapon and I am sure this next one will be just as nuts. I do love the look of those hard tops. Now just to wait until she hits the shed now. How exciting.
    Might have to head out on mine til you get the new one mate would be a tuff putt un the punt to mud, if I can get you away from scarby reef. LoL
    Yeah bud my boat has to go down to Northside this week I wanted one last ride in it but it is not meant to be the will alloy me to use one of the demo boats in the mean time. Nothing wrong with the silver bullet mate have you given Brendon back his boat yet???.

Quote Originally Posted by fisho8 View Post
    It will have the 150 Yami on it Mark going to be a bit strange going to another brand as I come from a merc family my old man is not going to be impressed haha.
    Those Yamahas are pretty good Mick. Just sayin........