Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLACES TO FISH IN S/E wind

PLACES TO FISH IN S/E wind

This weekend looks pretty shitty.

Whereis best to fish. How would bris river go or maybe bribie or up near donnybrook.

Please give me somewhere to go and what to chase.

Cheers
    Greg

Re: PLACES TO FISH IN S/E wind

Southern Bay islands

I'm heading out to the pin area Macca. It will be a family weekend. As you may already know over on south Straddy is couran point, they do lunch and have cold beer... Mmmmm beer
    It should be a nice weekend for some cruising around the place. Low tide is at 7am so a great day to get around. The swell looks on so maybe a poke out the seaway and look at whales?

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Greg ,
    Plenty of area from the pin south. Use Jacobs well ramp!
    Living the dream, Barry

greg forecast looks S/W to me mate. Looks perfect for in close reefs off queens beach / shields st reef area ... i see you have been doing well in the area of late ??
    lol sorry mate
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Hey Dean, when i last looked at Wily and seabrezze the winds were SE.

I just checked and u are right. Now wsw and sw.

I now know where i will be.

Thats for your concern about how i have been going inthe area. Lol

I think i will give away the , plastics, bait and take up explosives. Lol

What u up to this weekend?

Cheers

hahahaha that cracked me up , no worries buddy

I have my son's 5th birthday party on saturday .. only 30 kids coming over

Off the front of Bribie will be ok,looking for LTs
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

So if i leavefrom scarb, head towards bribie, where to from there. I would love a feed of whiting.

Hey Dean, i feel ur pain but i will think of you when iam bringing in the fish. Lol

so Greg, where are the fish mate

At the bottom of the ocean

did u blow them up then let them sink back down again

Hi Seahorse, you probably have it all sorted out by now. A few years ago when I lived in Brissy, I used to love going out from Scarborough to get a feed of whiting. That was in the days before I knew what I was doing.
    I used to head out from the Scarborough Boat Harbour, I would pick a point about midway between the southern end of Bribie and the northern tip of Moreton and head straight for that position until I could see up the Pumistone Passage and see the full length of the Bribie Isaland Bridge. I would stop there and find that I was over sandbanks about 3m deep (depending on tide etc) but would just drift around there until I drifted upon the whiting and then drop anchor. If there were no sand whiting around I would bring home bucket loads of diver whiting, and I don't care what anyone says, just scale them and fillet them and they are the sweetest tasting fish in the ocean.

Exactly, fresh crumbed fish and crab sagas .

Quote Originally Posted by justfishing50 View Post
    Hi Seahorse, you probably have it all sorted out by now. A few years ago when I lived in Brissy, I used to love going out from Scarborough to get a feed of whiting. That was in the days before I knew what I was doing.
    I used to head out from the Scarborough Boat Harbour, I would pick a point about midway between the southern end of Bribie and the northern tip of Moreton and head straight for that position until I could see up the Pumistone Passage and see the full length of the Bribie Isaland Bridge. I would stop there and find that I was over sandbanks about 3m deep (depending on tide etc) but would just drift around there until I drifted upon the whiting and then drop anchor. If there were no sand whiting around I would bring home bucket loads of diver whiting, and I don't care what anyone says, just scale them and fillet them and they are the sweetest tasting fish in the ocean.
    Yeah Mate I think that's in the vicinity of the Cockle Banks ay?