Thread: happy anniversary to me (and my wife!)

happy anniversary to me (and my wife!)

hi all. well today marks 23 years of marriage and what better way to spend it than chasing snapper. left wello at 5pm yesterday and headed for mud. still a few boats around when I got there and after a short drift on the eastern side I headed for mossy's stomping ground and dropped anchor. it was a slow night and very cold again. lost a few cuttlefish to pickers before laying down to kip. 11.15 and the rod goes off and a short time later a 71 hits the box. stayed out the rest of the night and got a few hours sleep in between changing baits. couldn't win a trick in the morning on plastics and tried till lunch before packing it in. can't decide whether to gift wrap it for the missus or just put a bow around the tail
    .Name:  th_2013-06-24133548.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  4.5 KB
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Re: happy anniversary to me (and my wife!)

Nettie that's gold.

Maybe put it in a David Jones bag to really dress it up.

We are at 25 years legally but 33 actually. Never thought of being so romantic as to do the caveman great hunter thingo.

Don't forget to impress her with Hawaiian style clobber.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    hi all. well today marks 23 years of marriage and what better way to spend it than chasing snapper. left wello at 5pm yesterday and headed for mud. still a few boats around when I got there and after a short drift on the eastern side I headed for mossy's stomping ground and dropped anchor. it was a slow night and very cold again. lost a few cuttlefish to pickers before laying down to kip. 11.15 and the rod goes off and a short time later a 71 hits the box. stayed out the rest of the night and got a few hours sleep in between changing baits. couldn't win a trick in the morning on plastics and tried till lunch before packing it in. can't decide whether to gift wrap it for the missus or just put a bow around the tail
    .Name:  th_2013-06-24133548.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  4.5 KB
    Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Netmaker

Ours is on Sat the 29th of this month AND Kerris' B'day to boot...told her I would take her out for her Anniversary/B'day.....FISHIN that is.........

The jury is still out on that one......

Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Don't forget to impress her with Hawaiian style clobber.
    she will have to wait till tomorrow. tonight is beer night with the boys lol...

she will have to wait till tomorrow. tonight is beer night with the boys lol...
    What a woman, could be a keeper Dave........cheers, roy

Nice fish Dave

Juna bought me Back In Black for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Now thats a keeper!!

Tony

Congrats Dave well done,you are a dedicated fisho also.I was walking down the road with my wife on our anniversary, and we passed a flash restaurant, and it smelt awsome ! I thought bugger it, she is a good woman and deserves it,so I walked her past it again !

What's all the fuss about? You remembered didn't you? And while being distracted by another quality snapper that's amazing effort by anyone's standard!

Scalem

Last of the true romantics Dave

hi all. well today marks 23 years of marriage and what better way to spend it than chasing snapper.Can't decide whether to gift wrap it for the missus or just put a bow around the tail
    A braver man than me gungadin

Congratulations Dave and your betterhalf

PS Noyce fish!
    Cheers

Trev

Well done on the fish Dave gotta be happy with that mate.

And Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Netmaker
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    A braver man than me gungadin)
    na. we just deferred it a day. did lunch today instead. missus understands about small boats and weather and as rest of the week is crap, doesn't mind at all. no way I would ever throw her back

On yah Dave. Still finding them at Mud but it must be cold out there at nights hey.