Thread: Pine Saturday 22/6

Pine Saturday 22/6

hey all
    this is more of a heads up that a fishing report for anybody crabbing the area between Hayes Inlet and Dohles Rocks

The last 2 full moons have been producing some nice muddies for me in the river so thought we would give them one last crack on the weekend with the big tides.
    High is 2.65mtrs at 9pm , we arrive at our spot around 6.30pm, get the pots in the water then move over and anchor up to fish our little bream bank.

Sitting there for about a half hour and we hear the drone of a tinny scouting around somewhere , my mate spots it out in the open heading in towards the mangroves, no running lights whatsoever, then he disappears .

We fish for about another half hour then decide time to check the pots. Making our way over to pot no.1 , lucky my mate eats his carrots , he spots old mate in the ghost boat putting directly toward pot no. 2.
    I dont think he notices us at first so i slow right down , then all of a sudden hes within reach of my float we hear a crunch as he slams her into reverse! I shine my spotty right into his eyes and give him a spray before he chugs away sheepishly without a reply.

We had better things to do than get into a brawl on the river , so we continued on.

Now this tinny was 10 foot long at best with probably a 5 or 6hp , no rego numbers on the side and a completely black unmarked motor... 3 blokes on board , no fishing gear, wonder what they were up to???

This area is never patrolled at night so these sorts of characters can get away with this without a chance of being caught... We were lucky as normally we would be much further upriver and wouldnt have heard or seen this boat at all.

Anyways, the crabbing was very poor, with only a few crabs around and anything that was big enough had no claws or were floaters, much different to the may full moon where we managed 16 quality crabs...
    Water temp on saturday night was down to just on 15degrees , about 3 degrees less than last trip.

Cheers
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Re: Pine Saturday 22/6

Scum bags. Why can't they just put out their own bloody pots if they want a feed of crabs.

Society these days. Sigh

I would have had more trouble than you keeping my cool there......I just can't ignore giving them an understanding that they are lowlife shitheads.
    Jack.

Blog Entries

Spewin Deano, its dissapointing its got to this isnt it?

tony i have seen this boat or others with no lights doing the same thing my last 3 trips up there. Im guessing they are there every weekend night.
    Where this boat in particular lives, he does not need to return back to any ramps so much harder for him to get caught ...
    Some of the creeks are only accessible at high tide as you know .. ive heard stories of some of the thieves using this to their advantage working other crabbers pots during the time the creek is landlocked!

I was pulling boat out at Scarborough the other morning and one of the pro blokes off there was going beserk as he said a few of his pots had been stolen and others cut open! He was making quiet a scene swearing and roaring around the harbour like an idiot! I had little compassion for him as he roars around anchored boats and people fishing like he owns the place! Just goes to show they don't care who's pots there checking, low life pricks

MR - yeah ive seen a few scenes down a scarby like that!
    ive had no probs crabbing off reddy , even for over night soaks... But i will never leave them out o/n up the creek.

#######s,mate 2 cold for them once the temp gets below 17 deg, I would put the pots away for the season. I prob give my late season honey sandcrab hole 1 more go this weekend with a few reef fish frames in the freezer and I recon that will be it till august....maybe the chicks up reddie way have cleaned up there act a bit.lol

yea rosco i didnt have a good feeling when i turned the sounder on and it showed 14.9C .., pots will prob get packed away til after winter now. Good time to stick to fishing now anyways.
    Good luck on the sandies , and no i think you are wrong about the local girls lol

One word deano DOGS!!! and there plenty of them out there nothing an 8 ball sinker and a slingshot will not fix if you catch them send the ####ers home with a headache and no crabs. Gotta love the oredacity of some people.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

yeah mick sounds like a bit of fun,
    Instead i was the one going home with a headache and no crabs lol

Unfortunate about the catch but good persistence Kingcray, but getting late in the year! At least you will know a little more for next season. you never know until you put the pots out!

Regarding the low lifes, I think enough has been said!

Cheers
    Bermo