Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tangles and Wardy Breaming the Pin

Tangles and Wardy Breaming the Pin

Snuck out yesterday and today at the Pin for an overnighter with Wardy,

We knew with the big tides last night it would be hard to fish and mission was to be ready for the early morning tide turn and fish that to the morning,, short story we failed as i set the alarm to PM not AM? also took a couple of pots and floater for tailor which worked in the morning.

We dropped a couple of pots, and anchored up at a different spot in Tiger Mullet that I usually do around 4ish Saturday. Wardy had prepared some secret Chong Pin Bream Bait concoction and added his own twist to it and i brought along chook and mullet gut..First cast and Wardy is onto a 30cm model and another and another, so i switched to Chong Bait and nothing, Wardy had the magic touch and basically i caught bugger all.

Wags popped to say g'day and headed off so we settled in for the night, fishing slowed down with the odd bream over Wardy's side...dont know what Wardy ate the night before but something died real bad, maybe that was why he was catching them?

Didnt get too many around the evening turn of tide so cooked up some Chinese mince. Some big Rivs rafted up where dragging anchor so we had to move, hit the sack and slept in, where hoping the smaller tides early Sun morning would fish better, well set my alarm but had pm not am? so we slept

Woke up and some more fish over Wardy's side, most bream where either around 30 or just legal, we threw a lot of just legals back. I could hardly cop a legal bream! Bigger models where around 2 hours either side of the turn.. Chook gut did better this morning,

Pulled up stumps and pulled the pots, got the biggest female muddie we've ever seen, absolute monster, it actually got stuck in the pot, bit of a struggle to get it out to release, didnt get a pic...if only it was a buck! Couldnt find the other pot so left, Wags rang up and enquired if we where still there late this afternoon, apparently he had seen our lost pot well away from where we set it ( same pot setup 100 mtres away didnt move but this one did) , so off to get it tommorrow morning with Wags for more bream and get the pot.

Got to love the Pin overnighting, everytime i get there i love the place, only thing was a couple of big Rivs and another all on one anchor dragged so we had to move in the night, they realised they dragged at 8am this morning

Also tried out a new boat cooker, bloody awesome, had steak and egg sangers this morning..boiled the billy OK and packs up well,
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0399sm.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	94063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0400sm.jpg 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	94064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0401sm.jpg 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	94065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0403sm.jpg 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	94066  
    Tangles KFC

Re: Tangles and Wardy Breaming the Pin

We certainly live in a special part of the world Mike, great read and even better to hear your getting in and amongst them mate!Nice work also Wardy!!
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty, Wardy was in fine form, and the Pin is a special place especially in winter, heading there tommorrow and i reckon next weekend might get a workout...
    Tangles KFC

I have been very busy of late Mike but may have my boat there next weekend......I will keep an eye out!
    Living the dream, Barry

Nice .... very nice Tangles & Wardy!
    Jim

Good work lads

Nice catch there Mick and Wardy.

What kinda cooker is that you have there Mick? and about how much are they worth to buy?
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Good going guys, love seeing an esky full. Did you only get the one tailor? I ventured into tiger mullet for the first time yesterday for a look and seen the same rivs and thought how strange. Thanks for the report.

Darren
    Good things come to those who bait

Good work boys....Your welcome Wardie .
    Nice cooker Mike
    Cheers,
    Chong

Well done boys

nice report mike. I guess as you didn't mention the cold (it was bloody cold up mud way) that wardy managed to keep the boat warm for both of you
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

good to see you getting out mike, you didnt pinch the good rod did you?

No mate, didnt pinch Becs rod but wish i had when Wardy was braining them on a light Whiting rod, he was fishing 6lb and i was on 9lb because of the eyes, i think the 6lb got deeper with the bigger tides

Dave, it was bloody cold mate early morning, no wind other than Wardy in the sleeping bag that must of kept him nice and toasty?

Goodo its a Safari Chef, got it from Downunder Camping for about $140 (cheaper than the website)

Agrav, only got the one Tailor in the morning on the floater and a bream that thought it was a tailor.
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    nice report mike. I guess as you didn't mention the cold (it was bloody cold up mud way) that wardy managed to keep the boat warm for both of you
    Yes Netmaker, it does keep the boat warm, and it is a tactic I use to stop the fishers from spooning me during the night

Wardy

All in all a good time down there boyz. Its always the way with one hooking all the fish. Classic. DD.....