Thread: donut on the winter whiting, but consolation squid

donut on the winter whiting, but consolation squid

hi all, a late report but been busy.

headed out off Wynnum foreshore (Darcey's Light) chasing some winteries last weekend. couldn't raise a bite, however the floating pillie kept getting ravaged.

I decided a slow wind in on the pillie and had 3-4 nice size quid follow it in, one latched onto the pillie right near the boat which I landed.... switched over to a flash looking squid jig and boated 2 more. due to social commitments left them chewing but got a nice feed.

didn't take any photos as 3 squid are not overly impressive but if anyone is chasing a feed thought the heads up may be good!

Cheers
    Bermo

Re: donut on the winter whiting, but consolation squid

hey bermo , bad luck on the whiting .. a friend has been cleaning them up around the rous channel somewhere.
    My son and i have been getting 1 or 2 squid off the jetties near home they are great fun.
    Have you been catching any mud crabs recently? Hoping to hit them up 1 last time tomorrow night before it turns icy
    cheers , Dean
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Hey bermo.
    Dont feel to bad mate. I havnt found them yet also.
    Dean, thats good news about the Rous. Iam going to try out front again tomorrow and heading to pin on sunday. How did u go down there last weekend?

Cheers
    Greg

hey everyone, hopefully the whiting start to turn up soon!

Kingcray: Haven't put the pots out for a couple months, How did you go over the weekend!

Seahorse: I'm hopefully upgrading my boat soon, so hopefully I can venture a little further out to chase them!

Cheers
    Bermo

bermo , pretty ordinary mate. Caught a few but water temps getting very cool now
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

I was out there to Bermo and only found about 7 of them. No good numbers but had them for dinner just before and was enough for me ha. DD.....

Good effort to get a few Kingcray, the water temp is getting cold

Guys,
    They have arrived almost bagged out last week and great size to them as well, around 2-5m water near the Arti and Rous

Part Time