Thread: Shark Eats Boat

Shark Eats Boat

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ught-on-camera

So much mullet netting going on so the sharks have had to resort to eating boats
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Re: Shark Eats Boat

When I was living in South Aus I heard a few blokes talking about great whites coming up and chewing on their outboard legs, that's a first for one chewing on the side of the boat..

that was me

nicko , was talking to bloke at northside marine a while back . He told me it was common for bullsharks to attack stainless steel props
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

If he had a go at my boat it would have copped a smack on the head with my gaff...must have put its signature in the gelcoat
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    If he had a go at my boat it would have copped a smack on the head with my gaff...must have put its signature in the gelcoat
    it did put two teeth marks in the gelcoat and pinstriping

Any fish about that might have lured the lil shark in Maddac??
    Jack.

yeah, we got a feed, but it wasn't interested in the fish, only the boat. the weather was great, the fishing was average/good.

I am no shark expert, but where it went for on the boat, there is a self draining desk wash outlet flange that looks like an eye.????

Adam, heard about your encounter from Jez at around 6 o'clock the other morning. Wondering if you were preparing a dive session or whether it chased you out of the water..

Cheers,
    Wags

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Adam, heard about your encounter from Jez at around 6 o'clock the other morning. Wondering if you were preparing a dive session or whether it chased you out of the water..

Cheers,
    Wags
    Nah, just fishing that day.