Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red & Maori bag out - 1770

Red & Maori bag out - 1770

Headed up to 1770 on the weekend with Mojoes (Big Bob), Overdraft (Danny/jig freak) & Ron the lady's man to do some deep drop east of Fitzroy.
    We started out in 60 - 120mtrs with snapper, pearlies, jobbies and a few reds being caught before working our way out to 400mtrs with no success.
    To my surprise I couldn't see any shows on the sounder so i'll be talking with the furuno guys to get some help on sounder adjustments before next trip.

The back up plan was to spend the night at fitzroy and have another crack the next day at some reefies in 60mtrs. We got off to an early start and picked up a couple of reds and nanny's before things went quiet for most of the day. In the late afternoon we had a 2-3 hr bite period where we managed to pull our bag on reds and maori's with plenty of other species along the way.

Highlights was to see Mojoe finally get his own personal bag of red's totalling 10 legal reds in one day for Mojoe, his brother the lady killer getting 2 x 10kg models and the Jig Freak nailing fish one after the other on every jig known to man. I have never seen so many fish caught on jigs, he even nailed a 25-30kg Aj/Samson before releasing it to fight another day. It was good to see reds let go after we had bagged our 20 but was unusual to see the amount of maori's caught in the area including a few cattle dogs.

All in all it was a good trip with Mojoe and his two ring-ins and was good to meet Danny (Overdraft) an extremely funny guy who kept us laughing all the time and great to watch on the Jig stick.

Total catch ?

20 reds
    20 maori's/blue maori's
    5 snapper
    5 pearlies
    6 large mouth nannies
    13 red throat
    10 jobbies
    2 coral trout
    1 coronation trout

Cheers

Keith
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	93849   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	93850   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	2 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	93851   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	3 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	93852   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	2 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	93853  

Click image for larger version. 

Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	93854   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	93855   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	93856  
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 20-06-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Re: Red & Maori bag out - 1770

nice catch mate some awesome fish there

with that list of fish, I was wondering how you'd store them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then I saw the boat!

wow!

Very nice guys. Awesome effort.

Now I see where I'm going wrong - I don't take enough blue plastic crates with me!

Cheers,
    Jim

Hey Banana,
    Great weather and some awesome fishing there, thanks for the post, only a few trout this trip they must of heard Rob was on board, Giddy Up

Part Time

Well done fellas, thats a nice haul!

Awesome effort awesome effort
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Top stuff fellas you smashed em. Now that is one serious boat.
    Cheers Brett

That's a siick trip!! Keep em coming.

[QUOTE=clevelandv8;1486530]with that list of fish, I was wondering how you'd store them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a large ice box on the back deck that takes 6 crates and plenty of room on top for a few more fish so its easy to pass the fish out at the end of a trip rather than going through an ice slurry grabbing fish and spiking our hands. I had it built because I wanted to go deep dropping up there and after seeing the size of cod and other species caught by other Ausfish members I thought I needed a larger box than normal. That's why the fish are in crates.

Cheers

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by part time View Post
    Hey Banana,
    Great weather and some awesome fishing there, thanks for the post, only a few trout this trip they must of heard Rob was on board, Giddy Up

Part Time
    Mate we couldn't be bothered and Rob would off cracked the shits if we caught any more trout (at risk he wouldn't catch his 5 reds)so I did stop on the way out and grabbed two for you like you asked for the BBQ. There gutted and gilled at home for you to pick up when you pop around.

Quality once again Keithmaster!

See you tonight Banana
    Reefer when are you dropping in next?

Part Time

Reefer, are you up the coast today or in Brisbane?

up the coast