Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red & Maori bag out - 1770

Re: Red & Maori bag out - 1770

That's an absolute cracker of a trip.... Outstanding

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

awesome trip there fellas

Well done again and awesome boat.

Quote Originally Posted by reefer View Post
    Not sure yet but will call you when I am down there....maybe a night in the Manly with Gibbo and Geeza
    Reefer ,banana has gone a bit soft of late ,he's on a high protien diet to lose a few chins for his red photo's on ausfish.
    I must say he's seems to have lost 2 with only 1 to go wich pisses me off ,i knew i should have jumped on the band wagon with him.

Awsome catch fella's ,but can mojoes hold his fish in a bit...not saying its a bad red it's a cracker..but i think he needs to cut his finger nails & his head is out of focus....thank christ

Good stuff boys, Im sure we seen you boys parked up in Fitzroy. How hard did it blow on Saturday night!!???

Great report and it seems like the reds were going off everywhere!

Awesome haul of fish mate.Nice rig to.
    Good weather to hey.
    cheers

justin

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Reefer ,banana has gone a bit soft of late ,he's on a high protien diet to lose a few chins for his red photo's on ausfish.
    I must say he's seems to have lost 2 with only 1 to go wich pisses me off ,i knew i should have jumped on the band wagon with him.
    It's never too late you can join me when your ready . Ive got 2 chins to go you only have 4!

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Awsome catch fella's ,but can mojoes hold his fish in a bit...not saying its a bad red it's a cracker..but i think he needs to cut his finger nails & his head is out of focus....thank christ
    Poor Bobby!! He does have long arms!!

Mate we took some funny photos but nothing beats the video footage we got while we were getting 3 and 4 way hook ups.
    Bobby gave Overdraft a hard time because he gaffed a red in an awkward spot and only 5 mins latter Mojoe produced probably the worst gaff effort I've seen, he attempted to gaff his brothers red and after missing it 2-3 times decided to start hitting it in the head with the hope of a knock out.

I probably shouldn't put to much on him today because it's his birthday. So happy birthday Rob!! Well done on your ten red haul.

Quote Originally Posted by No Fear View Post
    Good stuff boys, Im sure we seen you boys parked up in Fitzroy. How hard did it blow on Saturday night!!???

Great report and it seems like the reds were going off everywhere!
    Yeah it was a shitty day on sunday thats for sure we only went out sat arvo to have a few beers in the lagoon and an early start Sunday if I knew it was going to blow i wouldn't of bothered.

The fishing over the last few months has been red hot and the reds have been everywhere so at least the green zones are doing there job.

Which boat were you guys in?

6m Cruisecraft- we had 3 on board Friday but 1 got sick so had to go through the pain of driving him back Saturday morning to Turkey. Checked the weather when we got in, looked good so turned around and went back out. Glad we did, as you said, fishing was red hot!
    Did you get the nannies on the same spot as your reds? Been struggling to find those little buggers up there!

How do I start, it was truly the best fishing experience of my life, what a pleasure it was to spend a couple of days with such a great bunch of blokes in the most beautiful part of the world, no mobile reception, wales jumping, dolphins playing, GORMET meals and blue skies all round. I have experienced many trips up the Queensland coast chasing reds but the expertise that I had witnessed with the crew of Bannana, Mojoes and Tangles was second to none. I was always a bit worried having to step up not just with helping to load that huge esky with fish but I was given the role of cooking duties, this was a daunting role as I had been warned that the previous cook was a guy that went by the name Gormet Gaz , I thought to myself how can I compete with someone with this type of reputation is he of master chef standard. I was STOKED that I held my own not just with the cooking but also with my gaffing skills, We had Mojoes the best Gaffing of Fish that I had ever witnessed, it was such an honour to watch a man that could not only catch ten reds but could teach me the art of Gaffing and of course there is Bannana(Banana) what more can I say you are the greatest Reds fishermen I have witnessed, thanks for the trip It was truly a lot of fun.

Overdraft(Gormet Dan)

Quote Originally Posted by No Fear View Post
    6m Cruisecraft- we had 3 on board Friday but 1 got sick so had to go through the pain of driving him back Saturday morning to Turkey. Checked the weather when we got in, looked good so turned around and went back out. Glad we did, as you said, fishing was red hot!
    Did you get the nannies on the same spot as your reds? Been struggling to find those little buggers up there!
    Mate we picked up reds here and there with plenty in one area late afternoon. The nanny's are better caught at night and where you get reds doesn't mean you will get nannys but where you get nannys you will get reds so once you find a nanny area sound around to pick up the reds. We only got a couple reds with the nannys this trip. I found another area for nanny's last trip but didn't go back there this time. We got reds there as well.

great trip awesome reds very envious

Great trip fellas. The stuff dreams are made of! Do you use PE tackle gear to catch them? I've heard it goes alright!