Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red & Maori bag out - 1770

Re: Red & Maori bag out - 1770

Mate let me know when your down next and let's catch up.

yeah.......spose it's alright for an amateur I guess, at least you tried.

On a totally separate note my email inbox has a bit of space left mate

Good going Keith, what do you tow that thing with?

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Well done boys.

Freaking awesome and quite a ship!

Marty yours I thought was a "mother ship" till I saw this one!!

What motors and what sort of fuel burn for this trip?

Man you guys did well - thanks for posting.

Banana you also make it sound too easy!

Have you done well with any deep drops yet - or still early days in that department?
    Cheers

Trev

Well Done Boys,

Good to See Some Serious Quality, and Good To See the Boss with a Few Nice Ones , Good Stuff Ron, Look forward too hearing about it

Cheers
    Josh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	93869

F350 mate

Was that you that a couple of us chatted to at the ramp about a month ago, and held you up at the servo very early in the morning. I had a 24 ft light blue walkaround being towed by a blue patrol. Did you leave the cat up there and drive back to Brissie after that trip flying past and beeping?

If it was I had 3 other blokes in the car with raging woodies after seeing your rig mate..........Cobiaman was in heaven!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Freaking awesome and quite a ship!

Marty yours I thought was a "mother ship" till I saw this one!!

What motors and what sort of fuel burn for this trip?

Man you guys did well - thanks for posting.

Banana you also make it sound too easy!

Have you done well with any deep drops yet - or still early days in that department?
    Trev,

Mate 300 yammies at between 2 & 2.5 ltrs per k depending on the conditions. So that's why I usually go in a group of four to make it a bit cheaper. Most trips between 250&400 ks

As far as easy goes we catch the majority of our fish on new grounds each trip and are due to have a few miss's coming our way it's more just doing the miles to find small shows worth dropping on and a bit of luck!

We do quite a few k's/beers and are more about having a good couple of days than anything else but if you put in the time it doesn't take too long to work out especially when you get to read a lot of the advice that has been on offer from some of these guys on this site.

No I've never deep dropped or used electric reels properly so it was good to use them we caught reds and double hook ups on snapper and jobbies in the shallower waters so we are confident that the rigs were ok but I couldn't find any fish after about 3-4 hrs searching in the deeper stuff so I believe it's a sounder adjustment issue for me and a bit of education on the use of the sounder in deeper water.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Was that you that a couple of us chatted to at the ramp about a month ago, and held you up at the servo very early in the morning. I had a 24 ft light blue walkaround being towed by a blue patrol. Did you leave the cat up there and drive back to Brissie after that trip flying past and beeping?

If it was I had 3 other blokes in the car with raging woodies after seeing your rig mate..........Cobiaman was in heaven!!!!
    Yeah Muddy that was me and Soulfish. We were in the car waiting to fuel and you guys decided to get a feed and hold us up!!! Lol
    I thought we would give you a beep on the way home. How did you guys go on that trip?

That was my first proper post after talking to you guys at the servo (D.I to Broomfield). Yes I leave my boat up there.

We don't mention that trip Keith!!!

It was undoubtedly the worst trip I've ever had up there. We got some fish but nowhere near the numbers or quality we've become used to, this and a premature run back the coast to get someone back on dry land before the weather blew up the next day made for an interesting trip.

That's a very nice setup you've got there though......should make for quite a nice radar target

P.s do you remember my crew? Can you now see why they cared more about the feed than they do about fishing? The servo is the highlight of their trip.

Not sure yet but will call you when I am down there....maybe a night in the Manly with Gibbo and Geeza
    Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Mate let me know when your down next and let's catch up.

Well done guys. Some very nice reefies there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Muddy,

You guy's looked like you enjoyed the servo and there food so much we thought we would never get the chance to fuel up.

Quote Originally Posted by reefer View Post
    Not sure yet but will call you when I am down there....maybe a night in the Manly with Gibbo and Geeza
    Do you think that's a good idea?

Awesome trip and boat boys.