Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what luck

Re: what luck

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Still a good fish in anyones language Dave. If you ever want to get out of the cold and fish for them in a nice warm cabin boat give me a yell. I might know someone with one. It may also have Ipod connectivity for your acca dacca!
    Does it have normal sized life jackets???

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Does it have normal sized life jackets???
    We have a life jacket to suit most body shapes. Never had an Umpa Lumpa on my boat though so the jury is still out on that one???

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    We have a life jacket to suit most body shapes. Never had an Umpa Lumpa on my boat though so the jury is still out on that one???
    Could always tie 2 together, ive seen someone try that before.....

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Could always tie 2 together, ive seen someone try that before.....
    Do people actually do that sort of thing? I would have thought it illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddyfeet View Post
    Do people actually do that sort of thing? I would have thought it illegal?
    It does get pretty rough in weinam creek at times, you might need to remember that tip one day...

Nice one Mate

Well done Dave.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    not getting bitten off. just the fish are spitting out the hook...
    Spitting bait are you mainlly using placcys or thet do it on bait too that would be a pain but fish are amazing buggers i got leader issue so sat last attemp befor stanage trip

Dave, are you using standard types of jigheads? If so try using a worm hook with a small sinker in the bottom side of the loop knot. Those hooks do not ever fall out of a fish. Plus your leader does not enter the mouth. Might make a bit of difference for you.
    Jack.

yeah, that was me mate. had a dud day yesterday, just 1 good fish on and did the 6lb main line...
    I feel your pain; got smoked today at Mud, only decent bite and it took all the line right down to the knot at the spool fortunately the leader broke and got the braid back!

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Spitting bait are you mainlly using placcys or thet do it on bait too that would be a pain but fish are amazing buggers i got leader issue so sat last attemp befor stanage trip
    mainly plastics but they spit out hooks on bait too from time to time. just had a rash of it of late, but that's fishing...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Dave, are you using standard types of jigheads? If so try using a worm hook with a small sinker in the bottom side of the loop knot. Those hooks do not ever fall out of a fish. Plus your leader does not enter the mouth. Might make a bit of difference for you.
    thanks jack, will give them a go if it keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Richo1 View Post
    I feel your pain; got smoked today at Mud, only decent bite and it took all the line right down to the knot at the spool fortunately the leader broke and got the braid back!
    yeah, it sucks when you wait 4 hours for the fish only to lose it. that's why I was so chuffed to pick up another so quickly.

mainly plastics but they spit out hooks on bait too from time to time. just had a rash of it of late, but that's fishing...
    You probably should do something about that rash dave, calamine lotion does the trick, ha, roy